Different rate ISA applied

2»

Comments

• RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I assume that you are seeing the 1.30% on your Virgin Money online banking page when you click on 1 Yr Virgin Fixed Rate E-ISA Issue 317.
  • andsaw
    andsaw Posts: 14 Forumite
    Haha, stupid me, we have the 1.5%, i was looking at this big box showing 1.3% but it had check for details, didn't even see check account when i did there it was, suppose i wasn't looking properly as not familiar with this account as i don't normally have online banking.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 April 2018 at 5:18PM
    andsaw wrote: »
    Haha, stupid me, we have the 1.5%, i was looking at this big box showing 1.3% but it had check for details, didn't even see check account when i did there it was, suppose i wasn't looking properly as not familiar with this account as i don't normally have online banking.
    Good to know all is okay and thanks for letting us know.

You will notice that several people were prepared to believe that VM had make a mistake. That is based on a few past examples of their "computer errors".

The one that comes to mind is people getting paid double interest on their regular savers on maturity after 12 months. There is a thread on regular savers which has posts on this.

The moral of the story is to always check and ask questions if in doubt.

PS: I just checked to find your "big box with 1.30%" and now see that it is the online promotion for Issue 319.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure