Proof of PIP entitlement

I have only recently found out that if you get a disablement benefit, that qualifies you at some places to get a free ticket for a carer at places like theatres etc.
They ask for proof of entitlement but say they don't want to see any financial details on it but I don't understand what I can give them as my letter telling me of the award says what I have been awarded ie standard rate at £xxx pounds for daily living until July 2020 and standard rate of £xxx for motability etc.
I don't seem to have any other paperwork that doesn't have figures on it.

Is there another piece of paper without the figures or do people just scan it and scrub the figures out then re scan it to send?

Thanks

Comments

• Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2018 at 12:44PM
    I always use the award notice. Just because they say they don't want to see financials, doesn't meant they won't accept it.
  • Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you, I just though that I might be missing something.
  • Tommo1980
    edited 15 April 2018 at 1:17PM
    Have you had a look at this scheme:
    https://www.ceacard.co.uk

Also if you use the rail network you can get a discount card applicable to all fares for yourself and another adult:

https://www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    Hi, can I ask as question an get myself to answer?
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Woolco wrote: »
    Hi, can I ask as question an get myself to answer?

That makes no sense.

If you wish to ask a question for others to answer, then start a new thread.
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    That makes no sense.

If you wish to ask a question for others to answer, then start a new thread.

It makes perfect sense to me.

You ask a question about benefits, which in the wording will be slightly off. Then the replies will be deleted. (I have received a message today about this)
  • Tommo1980
    That's what normally happens with troll posts on a moderated forum.
  • Oddjob
    Tommo1980 wrote: »
    Have you had a look at this scheme:
    https://www.ceacard.co.uk

Also if you use the rail network you can get a discount card applicable to all fares for yourself and another adult:

https://www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk

Thank you, I knew about the railcard but I only go on a train once a year so probably not worth it to me.
    As for the other one, I didn't know about that particular one, so thank you again.
    Our local theatre gave me an access card to use when I want to go there, that is how I first got to know that you were entitled to a free carer's ticket, I just have to quote the number on the card now. It also gives them information about special needs so they can sort out a seat accordingly. I went in in person to get that and took my award letter.
  • Hoogle
    Hoogle Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lots of places only need the proof once and they can sign you up so all future tickets etc are easily done without proof of entitlement needed.
    ie I have a cineworld unlimited card as that is my local cinema I pay £15 a month for it to watch as many movies as I want, I also have the cea card meaning whoever I take with me as a carer they get in for free. If I book online it does not need my cea card as it has it stored,

Merlin group, madam tussauds, Alton Towers, London dungeons etc have an annual pass for about £100 if you buy it when it is in the sale on your first visit you take your proof of entitlement and you get a carers card so you can just walk into any of their places swipe your card and the carers card etc.

I think National Trust do a similar scheme.

And to be fair my disabled persons Bus pass/ railcard tends to be enough proof to get the carers ticket as they need proof to get them so as long as they are in date being a photo ID as well (not official ID) it basically states you qualify as you have the pass. But not all places accept it as proof of entitlement, yet I have never had a problem.

As for theatre I went just before christmas asked if my support worker got a carers ticket and they gave me both tickets for free (was an Autism friendly matine showing) So look to see what special showings are on as they are usually cheaper and sometimes free.
  • Oddjob
    Thank you, I am new to all this. I don't have a disabled bus or rail card, I have an ordinary bus pass for free travel which shows I am the age for reductions at some places. I don't travel on trains much so not worth paying to get that card.
    Thanks for your trouble, interesting, I'll have to ask now where ever I go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure