Tubs2u

Options
Hi there, has anyone had any dealings with this company? They used to be called hot price tubs. Anyway bought a tub off them 6 weeks ago, delivered on saturday and it came with more leaks than a sieve. No filters no chemicals as promised and the lights didnt work. Rang up to complain and got all the usual apologies etc. They sent a technician out a couple of day ago and all the leaks are still there. And couldn’t fix the lights. Ive rang up again numerous times and been told aftersales will contact me about sending a new tub which they haven’t. Ive sent numerous emails stating my issues that never get replied to and the fact is that now i have a £4000 lump in the garden that doesnt work. In my most recent phone call i told them that i didnt want a new tub as basically i dont trust them. I want my money back. Which they say that they cant do that as I haven’t given them enough time to fix, or replace the issues. The fact is i have purchased something thst isnt fit for purpose. Where do i stand on my rights as a consumer, and what course of action should i take?
Cheers in advance !!!128077;
Comp wins since aug 2012... When I started:

Rugby tickets at wembley :beer:
ITV Daybreak sports kit :mad:

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How did you pay?
  • nellie1980
    Options
    Debit card payment over the phone

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You could contact your bank and try a chargeback?

I suggest you WRITE to the seller to advise them that they've had their one chance to repair the goods and they still don't conform to contract [ref. the Consumer Rights Act 2015 section 24(5)(a)] therefore you require them to collect the goods at your (i.e. you the buyer) convenience and to provide a full refund of all monies paid (including any delivery charge).
  • nellie1980
    nellie1980 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I tried, but as i still have the item, i cant do anything. According to my bank anyway

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nellie1980 wrote: »
    I tried, but as i still have the item, i cant do anything. According to my bank anyway

Ask your bank if that is their final answer and if they are refusing to even attempt a chargeback. If they say it is, ask them for a letter of deadlock and complain to the financial ombudsman.

In future, try pay anything that costs over £100 by credit card. Even if you pay it off straight away or only pay a small amount on credit card, you're covered for the full amount and if you have a claim against the retailer, you have the exact same claim against the card company. Which would be handy here because there would be no doubt the retailer would be liable to collect the goods and bear the cost of their return. Chargeback is more limited though - the rules are visa/mastercards own and even if you had a claim in law against the retailer, chargeback only works if it fits into one of the available reason codes.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

In future, try pay anything that costs over £100 by credit card. Even if you pay it off straight away or only pay a small amount on credit card, you're covered for the full amount and if you have a claim against the retailer, you have the exact same claim against the card company. Which would be handy here because there would be no doubt the retailer would be liable to collect the goods and bear the cost of their return. Chargeback is more limited though - the rules are visa/mastercards own and even if you had a claim in law against the retailer, chargeback only works if it fits into one of the available reason codes.

This ^

Or, if you don't want/can't have a lot on credit card, just pay £100 on the credit card. You will then get the same cover as if you'd paid the entire amount.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Or, if you don't want/can't have a lot on credit card, just pay £100 on the credit card. You will then get the same cover as if you'd paid the entire amount.

You don't need to spend £100 on the credit card, what matters is that the value of the goods purchased are £100+ ... you could only pay £10 by credit card and you'd still be covered by Section 75.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This ^

Unholyangel already explained it correctly, all you did was cause confusion.

Even if you pay it off straight away or only pay a small amount on credit card, you're covered for the full amount...
  • nellie1980
    nellie1980 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, sorry its been a while but the company in question have used up all of my goodwill. They pursuaded me to have a replacement tub off them, with a few added extras for the inconvenience. 4 weeks have gone by, and its gone from the tub is ready, just needs the touchscreen added and will be delivered in a couple of days, to, the touchscreen parts havent arrived yet, still waiting on them. To, hopefully yout tub will be ready for delivery in a couple of weeks. Im now at the point where the aftersales manager has promised to ring me back on at least 3 seperate occasions now, to no avail. Sales wont direct me through, and aftersales dont even answer my calls. I am stuck with a hot tub that has numerous leaks, no working leds, and no prospect of a replacement or money back. Anyone know where i stand legally, or am i going to have to pay an engineer from another company to repair the faults? Thanks in advance

• ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not sure why you're posting to ask, since you've clearly ignored the good advice you were given previous in posts #4 and #6.

As it stands you've entered a new agreement with the retailer, so goodness knows what you've agreed to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure