PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I've tried it - the fingerless gloves are fab for £3 a pair... Turtle Doves
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Floss wrote: »
    I've tried it - the fingerless gloves are fab for £3 a pair... Turtle Doves

WOW! How fab is that! :T

Flo61 - great shout. :)
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Went to the charity shop today to look for the bowls that I mentioned last week. Hubby went down in the week but I had accidently sent him to the wrong shop! When I arrived into the shop the bowls were no longer there. On passing the assistant, I told him what I had come in for and with a stroke of luck they still had the set. They had just put them out back, had a change around.
    I now am on a mission to try and find other things in the 1960's set.
    I then went into another shop and found the book that I had been looking for, for months. James Patterson - The Big Bad Wolf.
    Yay, what a lucky day I have had!
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Mir! wrote: »
    Why on earth have a seam down the front of such a simple dress?
    that's a very simple dress to warrant a front seam makes me wonder how it would hang mis matched pattern isn't my thing :eek:
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I looked at these dresses in Next (they have a number of different patterns) on Saturday.
    I can't see any reason for a front seam.
    I thought it was possibly the rear view of the dress.

You can do much better from Phase Eight.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 March 2018 at 11:34PM
    :eek: The dress

I thought the splurge makes it a bit ugly to be honest but then I reminded myself of... my mother said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all ..:o:o :rotfl:
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 March 2018 at 11:24PM
    SORRY Pollycat didn't mean to be offensive !

Sam xx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In the community charity shop this afternoon I found a brand new, (in presentation box), man's tie. Pure 'silk', by 'Versace' and priced at £2.50....deffo genuine then! ;) It has a typically [STRIKE]garish[/STRIKE] colourful Versace-type pattern in shades of gold, hot pink and black. Gonna save it for The Bloke's birthday.....can't wait to see his face as it is soooo not him...tee hee! His style is more Farmer Giles than trendy designer :D

Also saw a thick pashmina stylee wrap, plain red with a woven pattern of peacock feathers, priced at £1. I have been looking for something to go with a short sleeved red dress but was not sure if the shade/tone was quite right. Now regretting leaving it as would have gone with lots of other things. Not likely to get back there till Thurs/Fri and bound to have some by then....aaarrgghh!
  • Laredouter
    Laredouter Posts: 72 Forumite
    I managed to get into town today and I have managed to find some great stuff!

A pale peach monsoon linen blend cardi - £2.99
    A grey sleeveless monsoon peasant blouse with a rose pattern - £1
    A really gorgeous long sleeved cream Oasis blouse with a pink and blue flower pattern- £3.49
    A navy, cotton peasant blouse with crochet and embroidery detail and wooden buttons by Mantaray- £3.95
    A muted cranberry short sleeved White Stuff dress with a Mantaray style pattern and two pockets (!!!!)- £6.95
    An alpaca/wool blend black structured cardi by Reiss- £3.95. I didn't know much about this make and googled it out of curiosity and I was :eek: at the prices

My two favourites have to be the Oasis blouse and the White Stuff dress. They are lovely :)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I thought it was possibly the rear view of the dress.

You can do much better from Phase Eight.
    I don't doubt it.
    But highly unlikely at £26 full price. :rotfl:
    :eek: The dress

I thought the splurge makes it a bit ugly to be honest but then I reminded myself of... my mother said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all ..:o:o :rotfl:

No offence taken.
    I agree 100%. :)
    The photo was just to highlight how awful (or ugly) mis-matched patterns can look.
    They do a much nicer pattern (albeit still with a seam down the front) in a pale grey and a lovely summery yellow.

Laredouter:
    Fab bargains.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Laredouter wrote: »
    I managed to get into town today and I have managed to find some great stuff!

A pale peach monsoon linen blend cardi - £2.99
    A grey sleeveless monsoon peasant blouse with a rose pattern - £1
    A really gorgeous long sleeved cream Oasis blouse with a pink and blue flower pattern- £3.49
    A navy, cotton peasant blouse with crochet and embroidery detail and wooden buttons by Mantaray- £3.95
    A muted cranberry short sleeved White Stuff dress with a Mantaray style pattern and two pockets (!!!!)- £6.95
    An alpaca/wool blend black structured cardi by Reiss- £3.95. I didn't know much about this make and googled it out of curiosity and I was :eek: at the prices

My two favourites have to be the Oasis blouse and the White Stuff dress. They are lovely :)

I love dresses and skirts with pockets.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills