We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Lucielle - He is okay which is remarkable apart from a sore toe on the back but it was very shocking and I feel a complete failure as owner.

Toady we had a good time playing with a collie he knows vaguely and that helped a lot just down a safer beach away from the dead deer that was strung on the fence that drove him across the road.

Hope everything is thawed down by you & that the job situation is going your way. I think you may have had it bad weather wise too. We are due another plout of snow at the end of the week so glad we got the food & feed in. It was like spring today.

Alfie it was great doing a good old moan thank you so much. I am sorry my language is bad at the moment - lack of sleep and just being a bad ole cow really.

I do hope that you do give the holiday let a swerve as it sounds really like you are being taken a loan of and sometimes it's not worth it eh? You have so much on I don't know how you do it. I certainly couldn't anymore as I am too intolerant and would rather pick whelks if I needed to than be paid buttons for scrubbing out a holidoid let that was manky. been there, got the Tee shirt and stuff that for a game of sodjers.

It was a gorgeous day here but I think it's up and down like a ferret down a rabbit hole at the mo.

The bay is acting funny with glitches tonight - never mind it will all come right eventually.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    "Alfie it was great doing a good old moan thank you so much. I am sorry my language is bad at the moment - lack of sleep and just being a bad ole cow really."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

the best swear words are poetic when said with a scots lilt ....
  • choille
    Well, that is refreshing to know.

Took pup face down for a walk on beach on a very long line - I'm paranoid he does the run off thing. He met a lovely collie called Beauty who certainly is and they played tangling me and her owner up in long line.

The sky looks most ominous and heavy now after such a lovely day. Wonder if we will have snow again.

Beauty's owner got caught out for a week stuck over on the East unable to get home until today.

I have a pair of chicken's booked into the rare breed sale on saturday - let's hope we can get over as the cockerel is a thug and needs away from my Orpington as he just attacks him and me and anything really.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I've been reading, but not posting, due to cream-crackeredness in the evenings. Good to know choille is OK and pup-pup not much worse for his accident too. :beer::j:A

We haven't been doing anything exciting, but now DW is fully mobile, we've done better on the hedging in a shorter time this year. The flu and the weather really messed us up. Just as well we are making progress, as the section we're doing needs finishing PDQ. Buds are already breaking on the blackthorn. :eek:

Asked the village oracle about our mystery neighbours and received a cryptic reply about business in the Far East (or it could be Russia....definitely beyond Witheridge anyway!:cool:) and generally secretive behaviour. In other words no one knows anything, which is amazing in this place!

Another friend described with glee how she had planted a geocache just off the footpath beside their property, "mainly just to pi$$ them off!" :rotfl:They've tampered with the public footpath, re-routing it slightly, which I thought was only possible if one is Madonna. :huh:

Anyway, I'll take a walk that way, some time.

In other news, Pete asked me if I wanted to pay him £hundreds for another year of his fishing, which was his way of saying "I've had an offer from someone else." The someone is a friend of the guy I share with, who visited only twice last year, making his fish even more expensive than mine. :shocked:

Anyway I'm trying to do a deal. Pete has a friend with a riverside field near here and no idea who owns the fishing on it. I have offered a 'sensible' sum of money to fish there until the riparian owner shouts "Oi!" If I get permission, I'll relinquish Pete's stretch of water. High risk strategy, but I can't justify 10" fish that cost over £100 each!!! :o:o:o
  • choille
    Hi dave glad that you are feeling better. Evenone has been floored by the flu bug which landed a few people we know in hospital. Not good. We haven't had it which is amazing other than just other stuff that's floored us too. Good that DW is more mobile and that you have her working like a donkey - only kidding.

Sounds like there is some 'interesting' people moving in in your neck of the woods. The fishing rights is a thing that is a shame if it gets too expensive. I can fish at the bottom of the croft but haven't ever - but I should as I love fish. I can also put out creels - 4 I think for lobsters or crabs - which I should really. I do pick the mussles now and again and they are fine to eat. i should do that more than I do too.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Happy mom's day to any mom's wether mom to a child or an animog :A cos animogs need mom's too :D

had a lovely carvery lunch with mum, sis, sis's oh,and son. finished by stuffing my face with a sticky toffee pud with custard [ A BIG ONE] for afters and of course felt ill after .... but hey ho ;)

been a bit wild wet and windy here today and not looking any better for the start of the week

not a lot else to report really....

oh, dave , my cousin was down in chagford? edge of Dartmoor visiting a friend of hers [alan lee, lord of the rings] this weekend and said it was COLD there... and raining !
  • alfie_1 wrote: »
    Happy mom's day to any mom's wether mom to a child or an animog :A cos animogs need mom's too :D

had a lovely carvery lunch with mum, sis, sis's oh,and son. finished by stuffing my face with a sticky toffee pud with custard [ A BIG ONE] for afters and of course felt ill after .... but hey ho ;)

been a bit wild wet and windy here today and not looking any better for the start of the week

not a lot else to report really....

oh, dave , my cousin was down in chagford? edge of Dartmoor visiting a friend of hers [alan lee, lord of the rings] this weekend and said it was COLD there... and raining !

According to Himself it's always raining on Dartmoor. And if it isn't, it will be soon. :D
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    As it happened, I was within a gnat's nadgers of Chagford on Saturday morning, negotiating the notorious A382 to reach the mysteriously busy southern part of our county. I can confirm it was definitely peeing-down then, but the road wasn't flooded, like it sometimes is. :)

We were en-route to buy an oak corner unit DW found while engaging in her new hobby of scouring Gumtree.:undecided It cost us £60, and as they're still being sold for £590 in a local furniture emporium, even I had to admit it was a bargain.:lipsrseal The couple in Torquay who had it seemed to be somewhat OCD; there wasn't a thing out of place anywhere in their house or garden, not even a stray leaf! :huh:

"We're decluttering," the lady explained. I looked around at the bare walls and surfaces and I could see exactly why a corner unit wouldn't fit in.:rotfl:

Yesterday we spent Mothering Sunday in Bristol with DD2, but somehow managed to pick up two sofas as well ........ :o
  • choille
    It's cold here but dryish although it looks ominous and the clouds are dropping covering the tops in heavy white snow? clouds. We've been getting wild goats coming in along the shore they can get up the croft. They have a little kid which is ever so cute but they eat everything that is not a weed - if it was the other way about I wouldn't mind so much.

Puppy wants to herd them but I am scared to let him off as he would probably end up a mile away and I am scared that he will get into 'bother' being a delinquent with 'form'.

Dave - Gumtree is highly addictive hence why I can't move in here because of all those bargains that we've brought back from all over the Highlands - which seemed like a good idea at the time.

I think we are the opposite of the corner cabinet lady. I'm like one of those horders that they end up getting in social services to unearth from a mound of used newspapers and empty ice cream containers - taken away muttering, 'It'll come in handy......'
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    'It'll come in handy......'

... and, eventually, it always does. ... ....

..... if you can find it! ;):D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure