PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Old Style Daily Wednesday 6th September

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's too dark to see what the weather is doing but I can certainly hear the wind blowing so I am guessing it will be a blustery sort of day. Steve has just left for work and I can hear alarms going off upstairs for the girls to get up.

I went to see my psychiatrist yesterday but it was a bit of a waste of time. Nevermind, I will just get on and help myself feel better. I did pick up some pamphlets about anxiety and panic so I will sit down later with a cuppa and read them.

I have nothing planned today so it will be a housework day. I have special visitors coming tomorrow so I want the living room, loo and bathroom to have a thorough clean. I also need to evict a load of spiders and their webs as we seem to be the place to be if you are of spidery persuasion :).

I am going to make chicken in breadcrumbs with a garlic cheese filling for dinner and I also have some lovely baby spuds to serve them with. Today is the day I make bakestones and I might make some little cheese scones as well. The girls are always starving when they get in so I am sure they will be hoovered up in no time.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Reasonably light this morning and dry for a change, let's hope it stays that way. Washing is on the pulley, DW and bins emptied and PL of salad and a jelly all ready to go.

Not much else to report, hope you all have a good day, dumpling you sound really up-beat. Take care. XX
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 September 2017 at 8:17AM
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thanks for starting us off dumpling

Dumpling I’m sorry that your appointment didn’t go well.
    Gers It’s good to hear that you are finally getting somewhere with BT. It will be good when you can get decent broadband.
    AOD I hope that things go as well as they can today, and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Yesterday we had light rain on and off all day and it really does feel cold to me in the evenings now.

I managed to get the last of my summer clothes sorted out yesterday; just a few bits to wash then they can go away. The forecast is for dry weather today so I’ll probably try and get that sorted today.

I want to go to the supermarket for a few things today. I don’t need much but these days I am checking for offers on anything that I need before I go out, so I’m using an assortment of supermarkets. It’s keeping the costs down a bit though.

I made stew in the slow cooker yesterday for today as well so I’ll only need to do a jacket potato to go with that today, so a nice and easy dinner.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all, a quick post as we are about to head off.

I hope everyone has a good day and that wherever you are, you do not get soaked right through to the skin as I did on the way home from work last night.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,166 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all.

Bright and breezy here, and that's just the weather. I'm a little bleary eyed but only because I slept so well, my eyes didn't want to open even when my bladder insisted!

Busy day ahead, mostly dull stuff with another new load of students. I managed to remember all the names of those inducted yesterday, hope I can do it again today and then get it all correct next week too.

Happy Wednesday to everyone.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Dry day here at last, hopefully my driveway will be finished, they put the sub base down yesterday so just the top layer to go so hopefully it will be today.

DD has texted from Croatia she said its so beautiful there and so hot and sunny, she is in shirts and t shirt, I told her we nearly lit the log burner last night :rotfl: its so chilly in the evenings.

Meatballs for dinner tonight with mash if I can be bothered of pasta if I cant !

Rubbish and re-cycling has gone out this morning I hope they empty the garden bin as its full to bursting.

Have good days all xx
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

dumpling - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Light but dull and overcast, wet underfoot after rain during the night, but forecast is for a dry day, I have washing ready to go out on the line.

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 gone to work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg wasn't too late as hairdresser was on time and DH had an early start so needed to eat not too late. Dinner tonight will be gammon, egg, new pots and peas. It's mum's birthday today, so will visit her after work to take her prezzie and card.

Work yesterday wasn't too busy, but again either really busy or dead, I'm thinking today will be more of the same, most of the school's go back today. I'm doing the normal Wednesday job, so will be in an office on my own, which I don't mind.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Rubbish nights sleep for me. Grump didn't unwind when he came back from work last night as he had to sort out his paperwork to give his new accountant today...The man who usually does his accounts is in his late 60s and is finding Grumps accounts a bit much these days. Anyway Youngest is going to have to get out of his sick bed to drop both his and his Dad's accounts off to the accountant sometime today.

Need to shuffle around some furniture today and launder the bedding but apart from that, an easy day.

TA how did you get on at the hospital?

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks DUMPLING for kicking off. It's a wet start here but no wind and sun is forecast later.

I actually had a good night's sleep last night, despite a stupid dream I had! I had forgotten it was Christmas and hadn't bought all the food in to cook here and take down to DD's for Xmas lunch! I was cooking all sorts of stupid odds and ends from the freezer in a real panic! As if you could forget Christmas when stuff is being advertised already!

Yesterday's hospital visit went ok I suppose. They still don't really know what is causing the problem with Mr TA so, for now, it's a case of changing the stent every 6 months and see if it rectifies itself!!

My appointment for today is a bit closer to home - the hairdressers in town! I have been postponing the trim till nearer my holiday next week and it's got well out of hand. I feel so much better with it short these days - but not TOO short!

Then I have to rush back and sort out tea for the 3 DGDs who are here for sleepover and tomorrow's school run. I am leaving them in Mr TA's capable (!!!) hands to get them to bed as it's my monthly wine and carvery meat up with my buddies tonight. I don't want to go overboard on the wine though as it will be all system's go in the morning getting the girls sorted and, once they have been despatched to school, facing another treck to Leeds for the Oncology clinic appt. No rest for the wicked they say!

Better have a rummage in the freezer now and christen tea. Maybe an easy pizza and chips! Have a good day all if you can. Be thinking of AOD today and hope all goes ok. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • silver-oldie
    Options
    Good morning all

Thanks for starting us off DUMPLING

AOD my thoughts are with you today

Not much to say, but lots to think about

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport