GWD Forestry Investment

Options
I’m invested with a company called GWD forestry since Aug 2015. I have Christmas trees and Annatto Seed changed from a Coconut investment in brazil gone south. The reason why I’ve generated this thread is because I’m due a payment from GWD owed to me for a coconut payment due for 2016. I have since discovered that others are due the same payments for 2015. A group I’m with, have been in discussions with GWD since Feb this year and as such GWD have stopped discussions with my group and I feel I need to go a different direction.
Would be interested with others to discuss their experience with this topic.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jammyjoe wrote: »
    I feel I need to go a different direction.
    http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ perhaps?
  • Gambler101
    Gambler101 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    Yep youve done your money there it looks like.
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
  • mIKE
    mIKE Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have had pretty much the same experience I have invested well over 10k. I have been promised a payment last year but it seems that the money ain't coming and the train has left the station without me ... so now what to do?
    I blame myself really for being so stupid into trusting this outfit.
    Be careful of gwdforestry
  • ForestryInvestor
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    Sorry to say, but I am also an investor with GWD. I am so frustrated with my interactions with them, I feel like I am getting nowhere. Payment of returns for me have been either extremely late and for another product with them have not materialized.
    Their so called customer account managers have told me conflicting information, and in one case I caught one of out telling me lies (have the emails to prove it). I was an relatively early investor and both investments should have matured this year (or next year, or last year depending on the account manager!!!). I have not made my money back and have had to fight for the small payments I have received so far.
    How do they expect to retain customers if they are not going to pay out the returns??? Where is this money going and are the trees even being harvested?? So many questions....:mad:
  • ForestryInvestor
    Options
    mIKE wrote: »
    I blame myself really for being so stupid into trusting this outfit.
    Be careful of gwdforestry

Agreed!!! I don't know where to turn to?? I have tried everything to talk to these guys...
  • Red_Dog1
    Options
    I am also at present a client and have been for several years. In my experience, GWD appears to be very poorly managed. The performance results and scheduled payouts have not been timely or according to their published conservative anticipated returns so far. Getting them to pay anything on my account has been difficult, to say the least
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How do they expect to retain customers if they are not going to pay out the returns??? Where is this money going and are the trees even being harvested?? So many questions....:mad:

They have no need to retain customers. If it's a scam all they want is your money and sadly most investments of this sort are exactly that.

All very strange that so many new users sign up to post today, was it coordinated?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • jammyjoe
    jammyjoe Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I can only speak for myself but am making a desperate attempt to get money owed to me from GWD. I do know other people have received money over the years, this is fact. But my experience of GWD has not been forthcoming. Looking for fact not opinions.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jammyjoe wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself but am making a desperate attempt to get money owed to me from GWD. I do know other people have received money over the years, this is fact. But my experience of GWD has not been forthcoming. Looking for fact not opinions.

Unfortunately it's a bit late for that, fact is necessary before you part with your cash.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Presumably the one aggreived poster with multiple identities. It beggars belief that 3 different people to the OP all found the original post within 90 minutes.

It's seems this company is one that ranks with storage pods, hotel rooms, Spanish vineyards, as a cross between an outright fraud and incompetence on a scale that is indivisible from fraud.

Jammy, Mike, Red, Forestry,whatever your name is, your loss is one more to add to a sorry tale of people suckered in by unlikely returns from unlikely sources. And won't be the last :-(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback