PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Monday 1st May

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Beltane Blessings, one and all.

GWS vibes for those who are poorly or injured (much sympathy re the toe, Karcher; I've done that sort of thing myself, and am forever catching my toes on the step stool, painful because I always go barefoot at home).

TA I know it's hard to do, but just try and put your cloth ears on when me-me-me SIL starts off on one. I've got pretty good at "tuning people out" iyswim, over the years. ;)

Trying to do some housework without making my shoulder worse; have already steam-cleaned most of the bathroom (Mr LW got the task of scrubbing the loo); next job is vacuuming - this could be - er - "interesting".

Mr LW is currently sat on his backside doing nowt - little does he know he's going to be moving furniture for me to vacuum behind very shortly, because there's no way I can move it at present. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gers, I know it's a bit late but a tip I was given for lily pollen which really does seem to work is to flick it with a tea towel, as if you were trying to flick someone else.

Nelski, nice to see you back, I hope your dad's ok.

Speky, my SiL is from Glasgow but I think supports the "other" team. I've been very frustrated by my team's performances of late too.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »
    Gers, I know it's a bit late but a tip I was given for lily pollen which really does seem to work is to flick it with a tea towel, as if you were trying to flick someone else.

Nelski, nice to see you back, I hope your dad's ok.

Speky, my SiL is from Glasgow but I think supports the "other" team. I've been very frustrated by my team's performances of late too.

Thanks snoozer, it's still on the line being 'helped' by the sun. The cotton top is quite thick and I didn't see it for a wee while and think it was too late by then. I should have cut out the stamens days ago, that'll teach me.

Yes, Speky and I support the same team, me as a wishy-washy on and him at more devoted. My Dad was the fan and sometimes took me to Ibrox. Now I am much less interested though I keep up. Not a good weekend.

My lamb was lovely and I've now got a pork shoulder in the oven, it'll be fine for tomorrow.

Having the doors open is so great but now I've been invaded by flies. I'll need to find a solution to this.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been round your way Gers Furnace Quarry. We saw dogfish. I managed to stop DH firing any off (pulling their tails).

The weather was glorious. We dropped in to the Oyster bar but it was 1430 and the wait for a table was 45mins so we got fish and chips at the deli. YUUUUM. Just as well we didn't hang around as it was already busy down the side of Loch Lomond.

Just got to get everything ready. My colleague is off on holiday this week so I am actually working extra down at the office. Im going to be exhausted by Friday.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just been round your way Gers Furnace Quarry. We saw dogfish. I managed to stop DH firing any off (pulling their tails).

The weather was glorious. We dropped in to the Oyster bar but it was 1430 and the wait for a table was 45mins so we got fish and chips at the deli. YUUUUM. Just as well we didn't hang around as it was already busy down the side of Loch Lomond.

Oh no! Not too far away from me, next time please let me know.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    Options
    Rant alert******

My lovely day has just gone to rat sh**. DH and I were finally doing some planning for our summer holiday. He actually has 2 weeks allocated, and as he now sits his exams at the end of this month, he won't have to study.

We were looking at the West Highland Way. He'd come off nights, we'd have a nice weekend diving and then leave the Monday or Tuesday for a 7 day gentle stroll.

He's just found out that his mandatory 'cannot be moved, cannot be missed' educational meeting is slap bang in the middle of it. Because of on-calls, nights etc, he cannot reschedule 2 weeks off between now and the end of his job in August. I am fuuuuuming. No 2 week holiday for the third year in a row.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rant alert******

My lovely day has just gone to rat sh**. DH and I were finally doing some planning for our summer holiday. He actually has 2 weeks allocated, and as he now sits his exams at the end of this month, he won't have to study.

We were looking at the West Highland Way. He'd come off nights, we'd have a nice weekend diving and then leave the Monday or Tuesday for a 7 day gentle stroll.

He's just found out that his mandatory 'cannot be moved, cannot be missed' educational meeting is slap bang in the middle of it. Because of on-calls, nights etc, he cannot reschedule 2 weeks off between now and the end of his job in August. I am fuuuuuming. No 2 week holiday for the third year in a row.

Don't blame you for being mad :(

Sorry for you, that really is carp.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    Options
    Rant alert******

I'm sorry to hear this, I'm not surprised you are fuming I would be as well :(
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    ....Having the doors open is so great but now I've been invaded by flies. I'll need to find a solution to this.

Dun3lm do beaded door curtains which might help, £10 each: http://www.dunelm.com/product/white-beaded-string-curtain-1000016064
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rant alert******

No wonder you're fuming :mad:- any chance you could get some time early September?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure