Teletext holidays have mis-old me a holiday. What to do next?

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    It is fairly obvious that Teletext have a system for trawling through complaint forums and telling people 'sorry' and then doing nothing about it. It may make them look good but the endless stories of no action being taken actually makes them look worse. If you intend to ignore customers, just do so, their reputation is on a par with United Airlines.......

Yes and so do other similar shonky companies.
    For example, eDreams on Tripadvisor.

Maybe one day, everyone will do some research before booking with a company that 'promises' a great deal.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Teletext wrote: »
    Hi Muddym2002,

We are really sorry for the confusion, the previous post was made in error and we do apologies.

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays

Why don't you sort the problem rather than just promising too
  • muddym2002
    muddym2002 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Latest update is they want me to wait another 48hrs for confirmation!! Apparently I will be getting the room I paid for but they are giving me half board as a goodwill gesture!! When i said thats fine ill ring the hotel for confirmation they said i have to wait 48hrs!! I dont understand what they are upto? Are they just trying to delay everything and hoping i just go away. Or are they genuinely trying to fix this?!
  • muddym2002 wrote: »
    Latest update is they want me to wait another 48hrs for confirmation!! Apparently I will be getting the room I paid for but they are giving me half board as a goodwill gesture!! When i said thats fine ill ring the hotel for confirmation they said i have to wait 48hrs!! I dont understand what they are upto? Are they just trying to delay everything and hoping i just go away. Or are they genuinely trying to fix this?!

Dangling you on a piece of string!
    The Teletext rep is quiet don't you think?
  • muddym2002
    Hi all
    The hotel has now confirmed that i have the room that i wanted. Also Teletext have thrown in half board as a goodwill gesture. Hopefully when i get there i dont face any more issues!! On this occasion Teletext have solved my query so cant fault them. Thanks to all the posters on this thread for your advicce . Much appreciated
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Make sure you get this all in writing from teletext, otherwise you'll probably turn up and none of these things will happen!
  • muddym2002
    Haha yes got confirmation email from teletext and the hotel manager
  • 2 days ago
    i tried to book a 5 star resort for my mum who i told aditiya smaith that she was on life support and needed a special holiday

HOWEVER

he told me that he could find a 5 start cheaper so i went with him

after paymet was processed i checked and it was only 3.5 stars

he then told me that the all inclusive no quibbles everything paid for holiday was not the

as he changed my flight from morning 2 night

he then asked me to pay for more baggage

and then told me speedy transfers was only a coach

i asked him to cancel he z he cant as its his terms and conditions

he passed me 2 his manager lee who hung up

i phoned cusotner serveice he hung up

2 days later aiden wall says to cancel would be 1500

to change hotel would be 1200

to change to another 3 star would be 600

heres my reference for proof

REF TT630753

please please please please never book with teletext holiday or trully travell
    i never complain but this was a 1 off holiday for my parnets and they knew this and they completley conned me

scameers teletextholiday
    fraud trullytravel

share share on facebook and on twitter this is actualy against the law to sell somthing and change it
  • i justed phoned the hotel
    the grand muthu hotel IN TENERIFE

has not recieved any confirmation of my 5 poeple bookings and 2 rooms

no1 has been notifeid in the hotel and been paid from teletext holidays

for our

help

please please please please

dont book with teletext ie trully travel

they haveny even booked the hotel after a few days and i can get my money back

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT USE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT USE THIS COMPANY
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Teletext will have likely booked the hotel component of your holiday via a third party bed bank.

The period prior to arrival may vary as to when the actual hotel receives and processes your names into their own reservations system. This could even be a few days before arrival date.

This does not mean that a room has not been held, just that the hotel does not see it under your surname at this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure