Build Your Credit History guide

Options
Hi!

This is the discussion thread for the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks folks,

Comments

• curious_1
    curious_1 Posts: 38 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2015 at 9:50AM
    Options
    I want to. I've just applied for CashPlus card. Any ideas?

MSE Calculators giving me different chances of acceptance for the same card.
    When I click on the link: here. I get 95% chance of getting an Aqua card. From this page.

But when I use this link: here. I get 60% chance. This link was from this page.

Why different scores??
  • darkidoe
    darkidoe Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    curious_1 wrote: »
    I want to. I've just applied for CashPlus card. Any ideas?

MSE Calculators giving me different chances of acceptance for the same card.
    When I click on the link: here. I get 95% chance of getting an Aqua card. From this page.

But when I use this link: here. I get 60% chance. This link was from this page.

Why different scores??

It is odd. Same thing happened to me when I first tried out for the Aqua. The calculator must have a different algorithm for acceptance for 'bad credit' and 'Cashback' cards. but 60% is decent odds i would reckon. Why don't you try appeal your previous rejected applications. It would save further potentially unnecessary credit searches and gives you a second chance on your application. Follow the template here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1612333&highlight=

I think if you have 60% chance and 95% chance on the calculator, you will have a decent chance on a successful appeal.

Save 12K in 2020 # 38 £0/£20,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport