MSE News: Flight claim on hold? Supreme Court reveals update on airlines' challenges

The Supreme Court says a decision on whether to grant the airlines' appeals should be made by early November...
Read the full story:

Flight claim on hold? Supreme Court reveals update on airlines' challenges

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Easyjet rejected my claim last year by saying there had been a technical problem with the cargo door on an earlier trip. They then tried a different tack and said that it had been an issue with the cargo which is dealt with by airport staff and therefore not their fault.

Assuming their first answer was correct, can I resubmit my claim?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Is the Supreme Court really the place for these cases?

http://supremecourt.uk/about/role-of-the-supreme-court.html
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Recently on an Easyjet flight I was delayed over 4 hours due to a technical fault with the plane, they have placed the case on hold pending the outcome of the supreme court judgement of the Jet2 case. As they are not the ones raising the issue with the courts are they allowed to place their customers on hold pending the outcome of another companies case?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They can do as they like (particularly if all the claimant doing is writing letters). But the law applies to every company, not just Jet2 - so yes it's not an unreasonable thing to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure