🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Fuel System Failure Renault Clio Dci

Options

Comments

• Flying-High_2
    Options
    Clioterus wrote: »
    Yes you can code the injectors and the pump not sure about the keys though? The bloke I use has an older version of it and is not exactly computer savvy he uses it for personal use.

Nice one... I'll have a look over the Holidays;)....
  • pinkemsy
    Options
    Thanks very much for the advice. I am 'happy' to pay a fair bit of money to get the car working, losing £5,000 or so would be the worst case scenario, the scrap value will be approx £100!

It's just sods law that it happens just before a major public holiday when there aren't many people around.

Interestingly, the Renault guy was in a rush on another call and just said it wasn't worth doing, he didn't invite me in to look at other cars, just gave me the bad news and that was it! Renault Customer Services couldn't help, although I had seen online some customers getting some assistance for cars considerably out of warranty.

I will contact Trading Standards next week in case there was a problem with the fuel. It was completely refilled from empty two days before and only really driven the day it blew up.

It's amazing what you learn when you're desperate... thanks so much for your help. If you have any other ideas please let me know so I can look into them.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How long have you owned the car? How many owners?

Whats the service history like? 5 /6 years old. Who are you thinking of claiming from?

Is it a Renault dealer now? With brand new parts in a Renault box the repair bill will be a lot more than a normal garage with the same parts in a plain box.

I did a heater motor on an Audi A4. Audi quoted £300+ for the motor + 2 hours labour. He bought the motor from GSF for £80 and i fitted it for £20.
    Inside the plain white box was an identical motor. Same make/spec.

The only difference was the manufactured date marking.

Thats some markup. for a couple of Audi stickers and a smarter box.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Flying-High_2
    Options
    :D:D
    I did a heater motor on an Audi A4. Audi quoted £300+ for the motor + 2 hours labour. He bought the motor from GSF for £80 and i fitted it for £20.
    Inside the plain white box was an identical motor. Same make/spec.

The only difference was the manufactured date marking.

Thats some markup. for a couple of Audi stickers and a smarter box.

That May cause a revlolution :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Excellent
  • Clioterus
    Options
    pinkemsy wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the advice. I am 'happy' to pay a fair bit of money to get the car working, losing £5,000 or so would be the worst case scenario, the scrap value will be approx £100!

It's just sods law that it happens just before a major public holiday when there aren't many people around.

Interestingly, the Renault guy was in a rush on another call and just said it wasn't worth doing, he didn't invite me in to look at other cars, just gave me the bad news and that was it! Renault Customer Services couldn't help, although I had seen online some customers getting some assistance for cars considerably out of warranty.

I will contact Trading Standards next week in case there was a problem with the fuel. It was completely refilled from empty two days before and only really driven the day it blew up.

It's amazing what you learn when you're desperate... thanks so much for your help. If you have any other ideas please let me know so I can look into them.
    I'd be surprised if the fuel is to blame but you never know? Most of the new common rail diesel engines suffer with faults no matter what manufacturer. Renault would replace the injectors, pump and fuel lines with new parts and would probably charge you £4-5k that's why the guy said it's not worth doing. Do you have a boyfriend, husband or friend who is good with the spanners? Draining and cleaning the tank, replacing the filter and refitting the injectors after the recon are easyish jobs for a competent person.
  • Clioterus
    Options
    Do not scrap the car either!!!! It would be worth a decent amount as a non runner.
  • pinkemsy
    pinkemsy Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Car is with my garage, a reputable place who I happen to know well so not with a Renault dealership and definitely not with anyone dodgy ;0)

I don't know anyone who could competently sort out such a massive problem, if I'm spending money I'd rather have it done properly... I don't want to have the same problem in a few weeks time.

Thanks for the 'do not scrap' tip, I have a little more hope than before that I might be able to get this sorted, although it's just a glimmer!

Forgotmyname - I'm not planning on claiming from anyone? It wasn't an accident. Service history is up to date, three years with Renault, then my own garage. I'll have a word with them on Wednesday and see if we can go down that route, I don't need a box with a Renault sticker on :0)
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So not a full renault service history. So a goodwill gesture is out of the window there. And you have not bought it recently so nobody to claim from there either. Hands in your pockets time.

So its either aftermarket parts or reconditioned parts. Or 2nd hand parts.

The garage probably wont source 2nd hand parts. But will fit them if you supply them.

The issue there is that if the part is faulty they still want paying because they did the work. Then they want paying again to remove the faulty part also.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• cockers
    cockers Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry to hear about what's happened.My father in laws clio suffered engine failure last year due to oil pump failing , we got him a new engine , and still have his old bits, I also have a brand new diesel pump for one of these but there are various types , not just one.
    I am a Renault mechanic/technician , or a few other names we are called , but maybe I can help with the parts ?
    If you can send me your registration number , I could check the part number when am back at work on Wednesday.
    Where about are you ?
  • Clioterus
    Options
    Any update on this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts