Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • misty
    • By misty 15th May 05, 12:13 PM
    • 1,031Posts
    • 700Thanks
    misty
    easy eggs
    • 15th May 05, 12:13 PM
    easy eggs 15th May 05 at 12:13 PM
    I always make my scrambled eggs in the microwave - because it's easier and less cleaning. If making egg mayo sandwiches - I scramble the eggs first and let them go cold(a minute or so)before adding mayo. I find this easier than hardboiling/shelling/mashing plus appearance wise it remains predominately yellow rather than mostly white which personally I find more appealing.

Moneysaving wise if you add in milk at the scrambling stage - it will go further, handy if you are feeding a few and less sloppy than adding loads of mayo to eek it out.. A chef told me this what they did with the left over scrambled eggs from breakfast. (left over as in too much, not left on the plate!!)
Page 1
    • Glad
    • By Glad 15th May 05, 3:23 PM
    • 17,957 Posts
    • 39,913 Thanks
    Glad
    • 15th May 05, 3:23 PM
    • 15th May 05, 3:23 PM
    what a great idea
    often fancy egg sarnies but not the mess
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 15th May 05, 4:16 PM
    • 10,241 Posts
    • 16,860 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    • 15th May 05, 4:16 PM
    • 15th May 05, 4:16 PM
    Brilliant! Never thought of that. I have a plastic microwaveable measuring jug that is virtually non-stick, so that will make the whole operation easier still .
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• Curry Queen
    • By Curry Queen 15th May 05, 4:25 PM
    • 5,482 Posts
    • 3,081 Thanks
    Curry Queen
    • 15th May 05, 4:25 PM
    • 15th May 05, 4:25 PM
    I always do my scrambled eggs in the microwave too, but never gave it a thought to use them for egg mayo, cheers!
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Edinburghlass
    • 15th May 05, 5:12 PM
    • 15th May 05, 5:12 PM
    I like scrambled eggs cold in a roll
  • frizz_head
    • 15th May 05, 5:48 PM
    • 15th May 05, 5:48 PM
    There is a very fine line of getting the eggs right in the microwave - I find anyway, so I still always do mine on the hob over a really really low heat. I love mine really creamy, and I never seem to be able to get the consistency right in the micro - I always end up with omlette.

By the way, its a nightmare to clean in the dishwasher - bit like Weetabix - it solidifies!!!
    Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
    Do Something Amazing Today.
    Save a Life - Give Blood.
    20 pints donated!
    • Whitefiver
    • By Whitefiver 15th May 05, 6:10 PM
    • 601 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    Whitefiver
    • 15th May 05, 6:10 PM
    • 15th May 05, 6:10 PM
    There is a very fine line of getting the eggs right in the microwave - I find anyway,
    by frizz_head
    I have just had scrambled eggs on toast for my tea, with the eggs done in the microwave - naturally.

I find I have to keep my eye on them all the time, and also never "cook" them until they are done - I let the residual heat finish the cooking for me. Lovely.

Don't forget a knob of butter with the milk, and a good grinding of black pepper, and sea salt (cheap at Aldi).

Regards,

White.
  • trace-j
    • 15th May 05, 6:48 PM
    • 15th May 05, 6:48 PM
    There is a very fine line of getting the eggs right in the microwave - I find anyway, so I still always do mine on the hob over a really really low heat. I love mine really creamy, and I never seem to be able to get the consistency right in the micro - I always end up with omlette.

By the way, its a nightmare to clean in the dishwasher - bit like Weetabix - it solidifies!!!
    by frizz_head
    If you take the eggs out whilst the mixture is still slightly wet and then let it stand for a minute or so, the eggs continue to cook and end up the right consistancy. With any food cooked in the microwave, you're supposed to let it stand.

I've given up sticking anything with egg on in the dishwasher. The heat just sets the egg even more and the only way to get it off is using a brillo pad.
    I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about
    • moggins
    • By moggins 15th May 05, 8:24 PM
    • 5,177 Posts
    • 10,159 Thanks
    moggins
    • 15th May 05, 8:24 PM
    • 15th May 05, 8:24 PM
    I remember picking up a couple of those microwave egg boilers a few years ago, one afternoon and 2 dozen eggs later we decided the best place for them was in the bin
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at 250
    • foreverskint
    • By foreverskint 15th May 05, 9:04 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    foreverskint
    before my microwave went bang (boo hoo) I did my scramble in there. I had a small balloon whisk that I used to break up the eggs as they cooked and this gave them a good consistency.
  • lellie
    yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck.

Scrambled eggs taste best fried in a very hot pan, with alot of butter and a pinch of salt. No other way comes close!
    • juno
    • By juno 17th May 05, 8:05 PM
    • 6,436 Posts
    • 9,153 Thanks
    juno
    Is it possible to make an omlette in the microwave? Because that's what my scrambled eggs resembled more than anything
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt 4578.27 0.00
    100% paid off

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,578Posts Today

5,784Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin