PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

TV cooking programmes - what do you watch?

Options

Comments

• terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    Can't stand the hairy bikers, find them boring.

Love Jamie, a bit of this, a dash of that, a pinch of those, stir, shake, done!
    Since he managed to inspire my OH to try and cook something, I think he's the only one who can perform such miracles.
    My OH also likes Nigella, but for reasons other than her cooking, so I make sure we stay away from her ;)
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I loved Rick Stein's Spain. I was fascinated by all the places he visited, especially as I love Spain anyway. I really like his cookbooks and the one to go with this series is absolutely lovely. Not so much a fan of his other TV programmes though.

Also loved Two Greedy Italians, I think Gennaro and Antonio are a great double act :D

I love Nigella and Rachel Allen in print and have lots of cookbooks by both of them, but they both really annoy me on telly and I just can't watch them without gritting my teeth. Same with Nigel, although I can bear him on telly, I just really prefer him in print.

Oh and of course I love the Hairy Bikers, I would love to take them to the pub :D
  • lollipopsarah
    lollipopsarah Posts: 1,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oh I so love the hairy bikers, year it's a bit soppy but they are so much fun
    I do sometimes watch masterchef and other but they leave me cold - I can't afford it and don't like raw met.
    xx
  • jeanniebeanie_2
    jeanniebeanie_2 Posts: 635 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2012 at 10:31PM
    Options
    I love Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. It fascinates me how they concoct the biggest pile of unhealthy carp possible and the American customers lap it up! The trouble they go to to create and stack up massive burgers and mountainous fry ups beggars belief. I am amazed watching massive red necks salivate over their overflowing plates. It does wonders for my diet, I feel ill at the thought, but morbidly entertained at the same time!

ETA A confession. I visited a Real Pit BBQ in Georgia (The Smokin Pig), that had been featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives, last year and it was the best BBQ I ever had, so not all bad! ;)
  • JBD
    JBD Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    Options
    I love the hairy bikers, Bill Granger, nigel slater,Ching's kitchen, although I don't really try their recipes. I just like watching. I actually feel a bit nauseous watching The barefoot contessa, same with any cookery 'Christmas specials'. They're all too rich and fatty for me.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I loved Rick Stein's Spain.
    Any programme with Rick Stein automatically sends me to sleep. He should be banned from the box for being so ridculously boring.
    Oh and of course I love the Hairy Bikers, I would love to take them to the pub :D
    They seem genuinely nice, and are the exact opposite of what you might expect of hell's angels. What I really like about them is how respectful they are of all cultures they encounter, no matter how different.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to see the Hairy Bikers on tour in Oct :D can't wait!! I saw them 2 years ago on tour and it was brilliant. A mix of live cooking, humour and stories. Well worth going if you can afford it

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • anniemf2508
    anniemf2508 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Options
    I loved the fabulous baker brothers...hubby bought me the book for valentines day and got it signed by them. It inspired me to start at sourdough starter.
    Jamie Oliver as his recipes always seem pretty easy to do. I love to watch Heston even if its just for inspiration.
    Masterchef...but Australian not British
  • tiny_courageous
    Options
    I like the Hairy Bikers - been to see them live and it is a very funny show, and the food smelled delicious!

TV wise I only tend to watch Come Dine With Me and Man vs Food - neither particularly OS (except for the legendary lidl pigs trotters and potato peelings soup once served up!)
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    I used to watch all the Rick Stein programmes as well as River Cottage ect,problem is nowerdays is they are nearly all repeats on TV,Heck even the recent Rick Stein Christmas Food Heroes was a re-hash of one of his other ones with a new voice over added..

Oh & Great British Menu returns tommorow night on BBC2 at 7.30pm...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport