We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Frauding the CSA

Options

Comments

• DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    daisyduke1 wrote: »
    So is it worth while for my friend either to contact fraud or get some photographic eveidence that the two of them have not seperated and actually still living under the same roof.
    I'm really interested in how this is going to be achieved? So you have photos of him coming and going from the house, nothing to say he's not visiting the kids.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • jetta_wales
    jetta_wales Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Options
    mum24boys wrote: »
    You can live in the same house and claim TC and income support so CS would be the same i would think. The only people who would know would be the couple involved. Its really nothing to do with anyone else.

This is a very good point, I was still living with my ex for 2 months or so after we split.

However.... Pretty sure she can't make a CSA claim against him if they are in fact both the PWC for the child.
    "Life is what you make of it, whoever got anywhere without some passion and ambition?
  • fannyanna
    fannyanna Posts: 2,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can live in the same house and claim TC and income support so CS would be the same i would think. The only people who would know would be the couple involved. Its really nothing to do with anyone else.

Haha if only life were that simple.

I agree with you to a point. I often see posts about how people "investigate" NRP's and as an NRPP I find it quite disturbing. [STRIKE]But I suppose as my husband is a compliant NRP we don't really have anything to worry about. [/STRIKE]Actually, having said that one of his exes is a bit mental and I know that she's tried snooping on both myself and hubby before (but I suppose that's irrelevant :D).

You could argue that the PWC in this case has a vested interest in whether the couple are together or not as it will impact the amount of maintenance she receives. If they really have split then tough - nothing you can do about it. But if it's been done to play the system she might want to do something about it.

And the rest of us are just nosey :rotfl:
  • Shermanator123
    Options
    Why would someones car insurance have anything to do with CSA. Its non of their business. Unless they can lower the premium. Id tell them to get lost.

because car insurance gives a wealth of information i.e where the car will be parked and if the a partner is on the insurance too it all depends on whether he says hes not living there etc......
  • fannyanna
    fannyanna Posts: 2,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't think the CSA could access that kind of information.
  • daisyduke1
    daisyduke1 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    I'm really interested in how this is going to be achieved? So you have photos of him coming and going from the house, nothing to say he's not visiting the kids.

Its hard to explain alot of Detail on here. My friend and i live all in the smae village very small place.

And i doubt he was just visiting his child. when his car was parked in there drive a 6.30 in the morning, and leave for work at 8.30. how do i know this as i have someone who stays directly across the road from them.

They have just done that to play the system.Yes it maybe only £20 but. Its not about the money, its about the fact This Man/Worm father to my friends daughter does not want to aknowledge hes the father and would do anything in his power not to pay a penny. If that mean leaving his job and becoming unemployed. thats the kind of man he is.
    My friends daughter is 12 she has a friend on his street who she plays with. and now she is getting dirty looks from her dads wife They dont even acknwoledge she is there.

This couple is spiteful, like i said they will do anything not to pay money towards there daughter but to keep it all for the daughter they live with.

And for the poster above. You can not technically Claim child maintence for a Child who live under the same roof as its mother and father. if thats was the case we would all be entitled to it.

My friend is getting p investigator and the evidence stateing that they are still together and living in the Mariatal home. Will be submitting to Fraud investigation and The CSA to take it further..

Again not about the money. There lying and people who lie to get out of things are breaking the law and should be dealt with. not brushed under the carpet.
  • kwaks
    kwaks Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    Its hard to explain alot of Detail on here. My friend and i live all in the smae village very small place.

And i doubt he was just visiting his child. when his car was parked in there drive a 6.30 in the morning, and leave for work at 8.30. how do i know this as i have someone who stays directly across the road from them.

They have just done that to play the system.Yes it maybe only £20 but. Its not about the money, its about the fact This Man/Worm father to my friends daughter does not want to aknowledge hes the father and would do anything in his power not to pay a penny. If that mean leaving his job and becoming unemployed. thats the kind of man he is.
    My friends daughter is 12 she has a friend on his street who she plays with. and now she is getting dirty looks from her dads wife They dont even acknwoledge she is there.Which is it? Dirty looks or no acknowledge?

This couple is spiteful, like i said they will do anything not to pay money towards there daughter Their daughter? but to keep it all for the daughter they live with.

And for the poster above. You can not technically Claim child maintence for a Child who live under the same roof as its mother and father. if thats was the case we would all be entitled to it.Because the benefit would be?

My friend is getting p investigator and the evidence stateing that they are still together and living in the Mariatal home. Will be submitting to Fraud investigation and The CSA to take it further..

Again not about the money. There lying and people who lie to get out of things are breaking the law and should be dealt with lying is illegal? first I have heard. Better send the Police to the nursery schhols and stamp it out early . not brushed under the carpet.

Daisy, there may be a lot more going on in this that you are not aware of, a blanket condemnation of the NRP and his wife may be a bit pre-emptive. Seems he will be paying the £20 for now, and by default the child is recognised as his. Seems to me that is a start at least, and if its not about the money it must be about him recognising the girls as his daughter. He is doing that regardless of paying 20 or 40.

The CSA may be privy to more info than you, getting upset and shouting fraud at every chance will not help matters and probably alienate the NRP even further. Remember the child is the important one here.
  • Shermanator123
    Options
    I would advise you ask the CSA to get Criminal Compliance involved.
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    They have just done that to play the system.Yes it maybe only £20 but. Its not about the money, its about the fact This Man/Worm father to my friends daughter does not want to aknowledge hes the father and would do anything in his power not to pay a penny.

Again not about the money. There lying and people who lie to get out of things are breaking the law and should be dealt with. not brushed under the carpet.
    The child is now 12 it would be better for your friend and the child to move on, this man wants nothing to do with the child the longer they fight this the harder it is going to be for them to come to terms with that fact.

Personally I wouldn't waste my money on a PI, nothing stopping him and the missus saying they got back together that week ;) to the CSA when or even if they take evidence from a PI.

If it's not about the money she should let it go, what goes around comes around ;) Your friend's daughter will soon grow up and realise what a piece of scum this man is and that it was her mother who raised her.

I just think he isn't worth it and I wouldn't waste my time bothering about him.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • daisyduke1
    daisyduke1 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    The child is now 12 it would be better for your friend and the child to move on, this man wants nothing to do with the child the longer they fight this the harder it is going to be for them to come to terms with that fact.

Personally I wouldn't waste my money on a PI, nothing stopping him and the missus saying they got back together that week ;) to the CSA when or even if they take evidence from a PI.

If it's not about the money she should let it go, what goes around comes around ;) Your friend's daughter will soon grow up and realise what a piece of scum this man is and that it was her mother who raised her.

I just think he isn't worth it and I wouldn't waste my time bothering about him.

I actually couldnt agree more with you, to be honest. And i feel for my friend, and she has done a good job for 12 year raising her daughter on her own. no penny from the father from day dot basically. (all living in the same town remember) wife knew all along about his other child, But only when my friend plucked up enough courage to Go to CSA, Its ruffled their feathers. Because their lives have now changed and he has to part with £20 a week.

Its like saying the daughter he doesnt see is (nothing) and doesnt deserve anything because hes never been there. So by reclaiming back the £20 for his daughter he lives with is taking the pee basically.

Im not going to say anymore about it. As my friend is deeply upset about the whole case, and only wanted help about the current situation in what she could actually do about it and is fraud to lie. Not questioned about wether she knows for sure there still together or not. When its well known fact they are as we all live within walking distance our friends friends or there's

My friend has now decided not to even bother taking any money from him. and is going to Cancel the claim with CSA as she cant deal with the fact hes taking the CSA for a Ride.

Thanks so much for everyones input
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family