BBC Watchdog on Santander - Dissapointed

Options

Comments

• alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    eschaton wrote: »
    Santander have got to be the worst of the worst. Currently opening a current account to get the £100 - the hassle isn't even worth the £100.
    I've just done this and so far

1) They've thanked me for choosing the Telephone Banking Service - except I didn't
    2) Moved all my DDs and started paying them - but hadn't told me my account number so I couldn't pay money into it
    3) Been on the phone for 15 minutes twice with the connection suddenyl dying for no apparent reason.
    4) Don't have the PIN
    5) Don't have internet banking
  • FOOTYCOACH
    Options
    Hi Alison Britain is her name Retail Director please look at my forum how they ripped me off on a car loan. Need to get everyone together and send all the info together to Regulators to do something.
  • Cheesedoodles
    Options
    On the show they encouraged people to send a mail to a "special address", [EMAIL="watchdog@santander.co.uk"]watchdog@santander.co.uk[/EMAIL].

Did anyone send a mail to that address? Have you got a response?

I sent a mail but have received NOTHING back. Not even an auto-response telling me the e-mail has been received....What a shocking surprise!
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought if they set up a special e-mail address, then this was so people who complain using it could 'queue jump' in some way, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for all those who had used other e-mail addresses. Seems I shouldn't have been worried :)

Not affecting me. I moved all my accounts from Abbey 6 years ago (about the time Santander took over) as they couldn't even get my change of address right. When I went to close the final account, I saw the manager, who said 'so it still isn't right?' to which the answer was 'no'. He then looked really embarassed as he could fully understand why I was doing what I was doing and I don't think could quite believe they had screwed up quite so much.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    alanrowell wrote: »
    I've just done this and so far

1) They've thanked me for choosing the Telephone Banking Service - except I didn't
    2) Moved all my DDs and started paying them - but hadn't told me my account number so I couldn't pay money into it
    3) Been on the phone for 15 minutes twice with the connection suddenyl dying for no apparent reason.
    4) Don't have the PIN
    5) Don't have internet banking

And it won't get any better :)
  • coolio_2
    coolio_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2010 at 1:32PM
    Options
    The 48 hour promise to resolve any issues emailed to watchdog@Santander.co.uk was all lies. I had an automated email asking for a number to contact me on after 72 hours even though I provided the number in my original email. Of course, no call at all.

For 6 weeks I have been trying to add an additional cardholder onto my credit card. I have spent 2 hours on the phone and 1 hour in branch. I have asked to log a complaint 3 times and each time have been refused a copy of the complaints procedures or been cut off on the phone.

Don't forget to log issues on the BBC watchdog website as they will often do followups etc if it's a big issue.
  • squidster69
    squidster69 Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2010 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Try [EMAIL="alison.brittain@santander.co.uk"]alison.brittain@santander.co.uk[/EMAIL]. I got a personal response from her to say it was being looked at then a call from their executive complaints team, all being resolved now
  • soozonholiday
    Options
    Just found this thread after reading the thread: A & L migration to Santander and have now emailed the following:

watchdog@santander.co.uk
    Antonio.Osorio@santander.co.uk
    alison.brittain@santander.co.uk

I have filled out 20 online complaint forms (I really am not happy at being ignored!), 25-30 secure messages, made numerous telephone calls and been to branch yet I am still without access to my 3 online accounts. For me the telephone support say branch have to deal with it and branch say I have to telephone. Not sure how many times they want to pull this stunt and I have read of people going to branch and then telephone up to 6 or 7 times before resolving (or breaking down in tears at a branch before being taken to a mental institute). I am going to have high quality copies taken of my ID then get them framed and send recorded delivery.

I'll post any response but frankly I'm thinking about booking myself in for treatment and save them the bother. They can then have a big party on my £6k they have heavily guarded at Santander HQ!
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Dr_Cuckoo3 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    Try [EMAIL="alison.brittain@santander.co.uk"]alison.brittain@santander.co.uk[/EMAIL]. I got a personal response from her to say it was being looked at then a call from their executive complaints team, all being resolved now

Yeah - thats who I dealt with ;)

got £5 compo to buy some Gold Label barley wine :D
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What do you want, "Hanged, drawn and quartered" on live television? :D:D:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,_drawn_and_quartered
    Don't people realise there hasn't been a televised hanging since 1953?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjx2pclJQew
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family