IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

'Valley Enforcement'

Options
I am foaming at the mouth!! Yesterday a friend and I both parked in a 'customer' carpark whilst we popped into a bridal shop. Shortly after we came back and found a rude red packet stuck on both of our windows.

Apparently, we were parked in the customer carpark for the shop next door to the one we were in and we were without a permit..we spoke to the shop manager who said if you'd have asked I would have given you a permit ( A green post it note) we apologised for not seeing his sign, which we later discovered high up on a wall! and asked if he could help us out. He told us he couldn't do anything.

The parking 'fine' is £100!!!! Am I right in thinking, this cannot be an enforced fine and we can simply ignore it? Also, the idiots couldn't even get the colour of my car right!!!!

Advice please!

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yup, just ignore it and all associated letters. File and forget! :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, ignore the tickets and any letters that follow. It's a scam ticket, make sure your friend knows to ignore their debt collector and solicitor letters as well. They will threaten Court Action but they will in fact just give up if you ignore them. You owe them NOTHING.

See this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1363571

and this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2214803

Do not even think about paying or contacting them, just get on with your lives. :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cb1979
    cb1979 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi i live in the southeast and a member of my family got a PCN from Premier Parking solutions last August,they had a Valid ticket but it was blown over when they slammed the Door.£75 for quick payment £100 after 14 days

We ignored it untill we recieved a Demand from Valley Enforcement 33 Days later for £130.00
    We sent their demand form back blank with a copy of the valid ticket,and their response was to hand us over to the 3rd Group of scammers in the chain. CCS Collect who sent us a a threat of Court action and worse if we did not pay in 14 days.

We ignored this and recieved a letter after the 14 day period to contact them to arrange payment, or we would recieve a home visit within 72 hours by one of their Agents to collect their Cash
    This was towards the end of October and we have had no word from them since

On doing a bit of research Premier Parking Solutions are based in Exeter,as are Valley Enforcement,but their Office is in Thornton Heath in Surrey,As is CCS Collect

If you google Premier Parking Solutions you will be able to see what a bunch of scammers they are with some of the things they try on in Exeter
  • clauk
    clauk Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I have been reading the posts on this forum and seen that most people have an incorrect charge, my case is different. It was back in February on a private car parking in Crawley.

First, I was 5-10 min late, and my ticket was clearly visible and expired. I was no more than 5 minutes to be correct but once I arrived to my car the ticket officer was there and spoke to me about how to appeal, mainwhile he wrote my ticket and add the talking time!! (I was then about 10 min late)

I arrived home and sent a e-mail to the company explaining that I was late for a very short time and it was only because I was ill that day and suffering from diarrhoea. I had NO option but to make a stop on my way to the car park what delayed me those few minutes. The ticket guy could clearly see on my face that I was ill but said not being able to removed the ticket after issue.
    I said that the delay was so short I could not understand such a high charge of £70 (going for £100 after 7 days).

My housemate received a charge for parking of only £30 from the council, why they have to charge me that much more. It was nearly the same place in Crawley.
    I then went to the web and found the moneysupermarket web site that recommended me to ignore. What I did.
    They only reply to my e-mail said to me to send my full name and address, what I also ignored.
    Today I received the first letter from Valley Enforcement charging me £130!!

As I have previously contact then before, and told my name, even that, not the surname, I believe they could use this against me as a form of admitting an offence.

What can I do now?????? May pay would be the only option

I would happily pay £30 but £70-£130 is an xorbitant charge!!
    Please help!!
    Claudia
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Claudia, dont pay anything, just ignore every thing they send to you. Dont contact them at all.

The only time you need to pay anything like this is if is issued by the police or the council

Stop worrying and forget it.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Its NOT a parking ticket, don't pay them a single penny as the invoice they have given you is not enforceable in law, they will not take you to court because they would lose, they are just scammers and chancers.The only tickets you should deal with are ones from the council or police.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 June 2010 at 10:58AM
    Options
    clauk wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!

I have been reading the posts on this forum and seen that most people have an incorrect charge, my case is different.
    Claudia

Your case is no different. Ignore it all and stop panicking about this con. :)

PPC tickets are unenforceable whether you have supposedly overstayed or not. I got a private parking ticket last year and the driver of my car overstayed by about 2 hours - but of course we didn't pay the scammers, how would that have helped the situation? The car park was almost empty and we had shopped in the Supermarket in question - even though you don't actually have to shop there to park there - so no loss occurred. :D

There's tons on the internet about this issue, look for forum posts on here, pepipoo.com, consumer action group, all of which will tell you that such tickets are unenforceable trash.

Watchdog covered this last month, and their legal bod helpfully confirmed just what we tell everyone to do with fake parking tickets (whether you have 'contravened their rules' or not):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

:T:rotfl:

The registered keeper will receive a few debt collector letters telling you to pay. Do not panic, do not believe the lies on the letters about Court/CCJs/dire consequences! See examples here of what to ignore:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2214803

Relax, even if you get more letters (as per our examples, we can predict you'll get the same).

But to be proactive, if the scam letters get tiresome you may like to also report the company and their debt collectors for harassment:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...=03_harassment

But don't forget this is NOT a debt, NOT a fine, just a mickey mouse ticket. Nothing happens, your credit record is NOT affected, so don't fall for this con. Be angry about their illegal scary letters, tell your friends never to pay a private parking ticket. Spread the word.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cb1979
    cb1979 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Claudia
    A member of my family also parked in a Car Park in Crawley,on the site of Sussex House, and recieved a PCN for an incorrectly displayed valid ticket issued by Premier Parking Solutions
    This was last August and we recieved letters from Valley Enforcement,Then CCS Collect,who by some strange coincidence share the same address.
    We recieved various demands and threats,the last one was in November with the threat of a 72 Hour home visit,we are still waiting and have had no other Letters from them
    Best advice is to ignore them and they give up,but if you want to part with some hard earned cash i could use some!
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    A threat of a 72 Hour home visit without a prior appointment means they will never issue a Small Claims claim. To issue thus would be extremely hazardous to them.

One must remember that these companies are fully aware of the weaknesses in their methods.
    Apart perhaps from a few who seem to me, frankly, to be idiots.
  • Sian_Starr
    Options
    I absolutely understand that you're foaming at the mouth!!! I had experience of valley enforcement only last week and I'm absolutely furious.

I parked in a car park (owned by Premier Parking Solutions) opposite Didcot Station last week. I put five one pound coins into their machine which would cover me for a whole day's parking whilst at a meeting in London. The machine was laboured in taking my money but eventually it issued me with a ticket which I displayed on the windscreen of my car.
    >
    I came back from London to find a parking fine of £70.00 and the reason for this was because my ticket had expired. I then looked at the ticket which had £0.00 printed on it with an expiry time of )8.33 - exactly one hour from when I parked. I have appealed and have had a reply which says that "if there was a fault with this machine and it took your money,it is your responsibility to make sure you have reported this to our office and they would have authorised your vehicle to park there for the day". How could I report it if I didn't know the machine was faulty! I feel outraged that they should charge me £70.00 when I had already paid for my parking. My only concern now is that I have written to them - following this thread, I wished I hadn't!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure