Is this a boiler room scam

12346»

Comments

• Timberlake, pushed by Madden Group Inc and their associated Escrow site SelectATC.com both look to be bogus. They have been pushing several dead stocks and claiming great returns but are quite clearly an ESCROW scam. Do not get involved with this unless at own risk.
  • I have had direct family involvement with Madden and Select ATC in recent weeks resulting in loss to family members. They have ripped off legitimate web sites and rebranded under those site copies as Madden and Select ATC. Emails are often sent using public services for anonymity, emails often are traced to Thailand/Singapore. Domains for their Internet presence were created on the same day in November 2009 despite claiming to be different companies and claiming to to be well established firms. AVOID these companies at all cost and be circumspect about other similar approaches. This case was made worse by using the trust relationship of an existing family advisor, who received a small seed payment, unknowingly, to attempt to add legitimacy to their activity.
  • shuvoff
    shuvoff Posts: 7 Forumite
    Wyncrest/New England Worldwide Services

Here we go again, an Ian Tulloch from New England Worldwide Services (in Japan) calls my Dad offering $780,000 for the Wyncrest shares if he pays a 'release fee' of £8k upfront. He even sends an email to me (my Dad still doesn't go online -good thing), with the drawn up agreement that doesn't even state this upfront 'fee'. Details of the company are:
    Phone: +81 6 4560-4008
    Fax: +81 6 6537-1224

Mr Tulloch got very touchy when my Dad said he'd be checking this out with his solicitor before proceeding any further.

So I got my Dad to contact Wyncrest directly who confirmed they are NOT familiar with any company or individual other than their Transfer Agent being able to remove the restriction on the shares.

Posting this so others can be warned.
  • Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    shuvoff wrote: »
    Wyncrest/New England Worldwide Services

Here we go again, an Ian Tulloch from New England Worldwide Services (in Japan) calls my Dad offering $780,000 for the Wyncrest shares if he pays a 'release fee' of £8k upfront. He even sends an email to me (my Dad still doesn't go online -good thing), with the drawn up agreement that doesn't even state this upfront 'fee'. Details of the company are:
    Phone: +81 6 4560-4008
    Fax: +81 6 6537-1224

Mr Tulloch got very touchy when my Dad said he'd be checking this out with his solicitor before proceeding any further.

So I got my Dad to contact Wyncrest directly who confirmed they are NOT familiar with any company or individual other than their Transfer Agent being able to remove the restriction on the shares.

Posting this so others can be warned.
    Sounds like a standard advance fee scam. Ignore it.
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • I was a twit and bought shares in Timberlake Energy Solutions Inc. What I don't understand is that when I go to Bloomberg and put in the Ticker Code T2YA that they gave me it shows the shares as trading on The Frankfurt exchange.

Is what your saying that the company doesn't exist and that the shares certificate I have really is for the bucket? :mad:
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    No, you should have genuine shares. The problem is you probably paid more for them than they were worth and you may find selling them difficult.
  • Yeah says they are Restricted by Rule 144. Am I right that the US has lowered the time that these can be sold to 6 months?

Have spoken to a legitimate broker and they say that they have to be sold in the US as though showing as trading on the Frankfurt exchange they have to be sold through the US, why is this?

Why is it that Bloomberg does not show the ticker TLKE yet shows T2YA for them?
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 August 2010 at 11:42AM
    Shares sold by scammers always turn out to be "Regulation S" or "Rule 144". As I understand it this means they are not regulated and shares are sold privately rather than on the general stock market. This makes them almost impossible to sell unless you can find somebody yourself who is willing to buy them.

These are US regulations intended for foreign companies/investors and are widely abused.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure