Is this a boiler room scam

Options

Comments

• cardsharps
    Options
    shuvoff wrote: »
    Gresham seem to have got the hint and haven't hassled anymore.

Getting rid of Wyncrest shares via Apex Consulting Online, which seem to be above board at least. They are trading them for PetroChina shares for a sum.
    This guy has got to be a wind-up merchant.
  • shuvoff
    Options
    I'm not a guy and I'm not winding up. There is no way I would buy anything over the phone or give out my details.

I don't know enough about shares to deal in them myself which is how I came to find the information on this forum.

The thought of my dad being ripped off again sickens me. I'm completely confused by the latest involvement of 'Spears Asia'.

I won't post anything further on here until I know some definite facts about what's happened. I certainly have enough to do looking after a two year old and holding down a job without wasting my time winding people up.
  • simon_templar_2
    Options
    Another one offering shares is WL MacDonald Inc via Vansandt with another Zurich address! These shares were in Wyncrest Inc. Again cold calling and offering shares at a great deal. Seem to be targeting older people. Operation Archway is the police investigation into these schemes. Surprisingly people still falling for it.
  • sharescam
    Options
    Another one offering shares is WL MacDonald Inc via Vansandt with another Zurich address! These shares were in Wyncrest Inc. Again cold calling and offering shares at a great deal. Seem to be targeting older people. Operation Archway is the police investigation into these schemes. Surprisingly people still falling for it.

Can you post more details, I can't find them on google, what is their address?
  • sharescam
    Options
    shuvoff wrote: »
    I'm not a guy and I'm not winding up. There is no way I would buy anything over the phone or give out my details.

I don't know enough about shares to deal in them myself which is how I came to find the information on this forum.

The thought of my dad being ripped off again sickens me. I'm completely confused by the latest involvement of 'Spears Asia'.

I won't post anything further on here until I know some definite facts about what's happened. I certainly have enough to do looking after a two year old and holding down a job without wasting my time winding people up.

If this causes you some confusion then should get your two year old to take charge of your family investments, no doubt he will be harder to fool...even if he still believes in Santa. Thieves are calling you trying to steal your money, why cant you understand that.

You have posted the same stories on trade2win.com and have been given the same responses from various people, are you hoping that if you post often enough someone is going to respond and tell you your money is safe?
  • shuvoff
    Options
    'Sharescam' - the thieves are not calling me. They are calling a gullible retired 65 year old too stubborn to listen.

I haven't posted anything on trade2win.com and what I have posted on this site are certainly not stories. Out of interest I've just looked at trade2win and I don't have access as I haven't registered, I can't even view the 'stories' that you accuse me of posting.
  • simon_templar_2
    Options
    sharescam wrote: »
    Can you post more details, I can't find them on google, what is their address?

I dont know the address but the contact phone number and fax for Vansandt is exactly the same as Gresham Associates.
  • sharescam
    Options
    I dont know the address but the contact phone number and fax for Vansandt is exactly the same as Gresham Associates.

They are now on the FSA warning list but spelt Vanzandt
  • exvoperson
    Options
    I'm after a bit of advice regarding share scams. Been cold called which normally involes me putting the phone down. This time I listened as a guy from Clarity Market Resources (has a good looking website!) tried to sell me shares in Timberlake Energy Solutions inc. Clarity are based so they say in Zurich. Paperwork for the deal has just come through direct from Timberlake.

Given what I have read on this thread it sounds like I should leave well alone. Do you agree?
    ExVOperson (I normally write under the Council Tax thread hence the name)
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Of course you should leave it alone. Everything about it screams scam. But for starters why don't you see if they are registered with the FSA.
    http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmSearchForm.do

They aren't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family