Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    archived user
    Cheap steak
    • 3rd Feb 05, 9:58 AM
    Cheap steak 3rd Feb 05 at 9:58 AM
    I found in my freezer, a couple of trays of cheap Tesco Value steak last week. I took a tray out sometime last week and did a meal with it. Unfortunately, it was as tough as shoe leather and gave our jaws jaw ache. However, not being put off from this other tray i decided to use it last night.
    I remember in the days of my childhood, mother using a steakhammer and bashing the steak for all its worth. It tasted lovely too and was no effort to eat. So guess what i was doing yesterday afternoon? I dont have a steak hammer so me rolling pin had to do, i just thought of everything that annoyed me and bashed it for a good frew minutes and cooked it in a pan of water (with a splash of vinegar in as mom used to do that too), and it was lovely. Even the little one ate his, and no one would beleive me it was the same steak we all had last week.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

544Posts Today

6,364Users online

Martin's Twitter