Dunelm mills - rubbish customer service

Options
My wife and I went to a Dunelm Mills store on Thursday, she wanted a v-shape pillow and thought it would be a good place to try. Well, it was, the store is huge and has a large range of soft furnishings. We found the v pillows and my wife was going to choose a regular one at £5.99, but I noticed a memory foam one at £29.99 and told her to get that one instead, I want her to be comfortable as she has arthritis. So we picked one of those up and saw a notice saying don't forget a cover for your v pillow, and indicating where they were. She chose a cover and we bought the items and took them home.
Once home, she found that the cover did not fit the v pillow, so she sent an email to dunelm asking for help. Their reply says sorry we do not stock the covers for the memory foam v pillow. The v pillow is their own brand, how on earth can we get a cover for it, if not from the only stockists of the pillow? This is rubbish customer service.

Comments

• markelock
    markelock Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I presume you can just take it back and get a refund?
    Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl?
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    It is Dunelm Mill, not Dunelm Mills.

Memory foam pillows tend to be larger/ less flexible than normal pillows, so probably would fit in a normal case, albeit very snugly. It is a pain that they do not provide a case specific to this pillow, but hardly rubbish customer service.

I agree with markelock, take it back and get a refund. I actually prefer the normal v pillow.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • eyeinthesky
    eyeinthesky Posts: 381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    It is Dunelm Mill, not Dunelm Mills.

Memory foam pillows tend to be larger/ less flexible than normal pillows, so probably would fit in a normal case, albeit very snugly. It is a pain that they do not provide a case specific to this pillow, but hardly rubbish customer service.

I agree with markelock, take it back and get a refund. I actually prefer the normal v pillow.

Thanks for the spelling correction. The pillow is about 4 inches longer than the pillowcase, so it definitely won't fit, snugly or otherwise, have tried it of course. Paid cash and have lost the receipt, so a refund is not an option. Their attitude is "sorry, don't stock the pillowcase for these", what sort of customer service would you call it? helpful? or couldn't give a !!!!!!?
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    Their attitude is "sorry, don't stock the pillowcase for these", what sort of customer service would you call it? helpful? or couldn't give a !!!!!!?

I don't understand what else you're expecting? For them to hand-make you one? If it doesn't exist they can't sell it to you!
  • eyeinthesky
    eyeinthesky Posts: 381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2009 at 10:31PM
    Options
    stugib wrote: »
    I don't understand what else you're expecting? For them to hand-make you one? If it doesn't exist they can't sell it to you!

Perhaps I am expecting too much. This pillow is a product made for dunelm and carrying their brand, I just thought it would be logical for them to also source a pillowcase to fit, or even be able to advise customers where they would get such an item. Apologies, I guess I just expect too much for a pillow costing almost £30.
  • advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a plasma tv from Tescos.
    The "salesperson" reccomended brackets to fit it to the wall.
    I duly bought them - they didn't fit the tv.
    Back to Tescos I trot - now this time the "salesperson" opened the packet and screwed it to a tv. I pointed out that the tv he was trying it on was not the tv I bought - They are the same make was the reply.
    I duly bought them - they didn't fit the tv.
    At this point a little steam began to emerge from my ears. So much so that Mrs Advent had to return them a second time and I bought he correct brackets from Argos.
    The moral of my story... Just because a store sells a product, don't expect the correct accessories........ and Tesco employees are as thick as pig sh1te.... even if their badge reads "Tesco employee for 15 years".. It may as well read "I have been stuck in a dead end job for 15 yeas and I am too stupid to realise".
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2009 at 11:52PM
    Options
    Not all of them are "as thick as pigsh1te" *rolls eyes*

EDIT:Oh and heres a tip, If you dont like the staff, Dont shop there. Simple.
  • advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    Not all of them are "as thick as pigsh1te" *rolls eyes*

EDIT:Oh and heres a tip, If you dont like the staff, Dont shop there. Simple.

Why would I not shop somewhere because I "dont like the staff?"
    I have no intention of buying a member of staff, although I expect someone on the entertainment department to know which bracket fits the Tesco El Cheapo Tv - he even had 2 goes at the taxing riddle.
    It would have been easier for him to say "I haven't a clue guvnor".
  • KK22_2
    KK22_2 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    So because one person doesn't know which brackets fit your tv, you feel the need to belittle and insult all other tesco employees?
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    why dont you buy some fabric from dunelms and make a pillow case for it? It is bad they don't have a pillow case for it but i do agree with some of the other posts because there is little the sales advisor could have done apart from say no sorry there isnt one.

ADVENT: Tescos is a supermarket, not a technology store. If you wanted better advice why not go to a store that deals with tv's rather than fruit and veg? Doesnt take a genius to work that one out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure