We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dunelm mills - rubbish customer service

Options
2»

Comments

• sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    advent1122 wrote: »
    Why would I not shop somewhere because I "dont like the staff?"
    I have no intention of buying a member of staff, although I expect someone on the entertainment department to know which bracket fits the Tesco El Cheapo Tv - he even had 2 goes at the taxing riddle.
    It would have been easier for him to say "I haven't a clue guvnor".

Still, Dont see where that gives you the right to belittle and insult other Tesco employees. :money:
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,010 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    Still, Dont see where that gives you the right to belittle and insult other Tesco employees. :money:
    hear hear , well said. i work in a shop and i am not thick as pig muck, just because some one does not know something it does not give you the right to make rude remarks ! was he rude and obnoxious as well? because all of us lowly shop assistants usually are!!!!!!!
  • sporedude
    Options
    Had to say something :D
  • advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    vixarooni wrote: »
    ADVENT: Tescos is a supermarket, not a technology store. If you wanted better advice why not go to a store that deals with tv's rather than fruit and veg? Doesnt take a genius to work that one out.

I went to Tesco's because they were cheap. The tv is good quality for the £270 I paid - no complaints there.
    I foolishly assumed that the employee working in the technology department would know about ermm the technology department or at least find the correct information for me.
    I mean, was it a difficult question.

Which brackets fit this tv please?

Would you have expected the correct answer to this brainteaser from "GEORGE - TESCO EMPLOYEE SINCE 1989"?
    A simple "I dunno", we are primarily a fruit and veg store, would have been better than to guess.
    I could have guessed and got it wrong- twice.
  • sporedude
    Options
    So? whats wrong with working in Tescos from 1989? Shows people are commited to a job and enjoy it. People in Tescos probably dont recieve full extensive training on TV's and Brackets.
  • The_Madmouse
    Options
    advent1122 wrote: »
    I went to Tesco's because they were cheap. The tv is good quality for the £270 I paid - no complaints there.
    I foolishly assumed that the employee working in the technology department would know about ermm the technology department or at least find the correct information for me.
    I mean, was it a difficult question.

Which brackets fit this tv please?

Would you have expected the correct answer to this brainteaser from "GEORGE - TESCO EMPLOYEE SINCE 1989"?
    A simple "I dunno", we are primarily a fruit and veg store, would have been better than to guess.
    I could have guessed and got it wrong- twice.

Well...you sound like an educated person..walking through the store doors should tell you Tesco is primarily a supermarket NOT your local dixons/currys/pc world...Lets hope your TV dont fall off the wall then...:D

Blimey if your that !!!!ed off you should try shopping in PC world :rotfl:
    I eat trolls for breakfast :cool:
  • advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    People in Tescos probably dont recieve full extensive training on TV's and Brackets.

I give up.
    If the guy said "I dont recieve full extensive training on TV's and Brackets", fair enough, I would have left him to his body odour and the job of stacking shelves and pushing things about on trolleys.... but he said "these are the brackets for the tv", which they were not. It did not occur to me to ask if he received full extensive training on TV's and Brackets.
    2 wasted trips later and I finally realised that Tesco employ clockwork chimps in the Entertainment Department.
    I should have known he did not have a clue what he was on about, after all, 20 years of stacking shelves is enough to rot anyones brain.
  • kazzah
    kazzah Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    EYE IN THE SKY
    IS THIS ANY GOOD FOR MRS EYE IN THE SKY'S PILLOW?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-Body-Hug-Pillow-ExtraComfort/dp/B001BNEGY6/ref=pd_bxgy_kh_text_b
  • eyeinthesky
    eyeinthesky Posts: 381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kazzah wrote: »
    EYE IN THE SKY
    IS THIS ANY GOOD FOR MRS EYE IN THE SKY'S PILLOW?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-Body-Hug-Pillow-ExtraComfort/dp/B001BNEGY6/ref=pd_bxgy_kh_text_b

Thank you very much, but I think that one would be too big. I had almost given up on this thread, as it seems to have turned into a discussion about tesco staff! My wife will have to get someone to make a cover for her pillow, but thanks again for your efforts.
  • kazzah
    kazzah Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you're more than welcome, hope the pillow helps her out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income