Fake Ticket Shops

Options
Please read this link before buying tickets or festival tickets on line...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/03/avoid_scam_festival_tickets.html

Comments

• sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    Why you spammin' the boards?
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Its not spam, its warnings on different fake ticket shops, I have put each of the shops names up so when people do a forum search of them they will come up with the watchdog link. It will also show up on google. If it stops one more person being scammed it will be great.

I've seen loads of people on MSE who have been scammed by some of these shops. The Watchdog link will help people realise that these shops who have very convincing websites are scams
  • omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    Why you spammin' the boards?
    It is not spamming. If you watched the show you would knnow why and also these results will come up in google
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    Its not spam, its warnings on different fake ticket shops, I have put each of the shops names up so when people do a forum search of them they will come up with the watchdog link. It will also show up on google. If it stops one more person being scammed it will be great.

I've seen loads of people on MSE who have been scammed by some of these shops. The Watchdog link will help people realise that these shops who have very convincing websites are scams

Also, if you look at the comments on the BBC link, you will see that several people have also been conned by these scammers.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • dacouch
    Options
    The sites that watchdog are ALLEGDING are scams are as follows (I have put these up so when people search MSE they will come to this thread, it will also come up on google so hopefully it will help avoid more people get scammed.

Be careful people as fake ticket shops seems to be on the rise, think before you part with your money and if you do check their contact page to make sure they have a proper UK address etc. Its also an idea to google the company name and / or post code to see if any complaints about them are on google or MSE

Apparantly the police cannot shut down some of these sites as until the day of the event eg Download Festival there is a chance they may come up with your ticket so they don't break the law until that happpens.

Please be carefull, like any internet purchase use your brain, if it does not look right go elsewher

This is the watchdog site link, it also has some good advice on how to detect if a ticket website that is not listed is dodgy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/03/avoid_scam_festival_tickets.html

THE SECOND COLUMN IS TO ASSIST IN FINDING THIS THREAD IN SEARCHES ON MSE AND GOOGLE

cliffrichardtour.com - cliffrichardtour
    vfestival2009.net - v festival2009
    tinaturnerworldtour.com - tinaturnerworldtour
    downloadfestival2009.com - downloadfestival2009
    worldticketshop.com - worldticketshop
    theonlineticketshop.com - theonlineticketshop
    double8tickets.com - double8tickets - double 8 tickets
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So that's aright then we will take your word for it, because you work for them and pay your taxes
    Worldticketshop is NOT a scam. I know because I work here and pay my fair share of taxes along with some 40 other employees.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you look at the reviews for the company on the web there are many more negatives then positives. I think that sums it up.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 April 2009 at 4:58PM
    Options
    I didnt say it wasn't biased stating a fact which you had already started

I couldn't careless what you think you come on to defend your company which your entitled to do.

I personally wouldn't touch your company but then I am careful who gets my money for fear of been ripped off

Yes your right its so lame.

Google

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=worldticketshop+scam&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 April 2009 at 5:24PM
    Options
    Umm a good balance of good and bad you say.

Not where I am looking from it isnt, its rated 31% that's poor in my view. Keep up with the positive spin though nice try :D

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews138019.html

31% Recommended 11 out of 36 Reviews

Really?

Look here - reviewcentre dot com

I'd say there's a healthy balance of good and bad.

And people tend to harp on the net only when they have a bad experience rather than a good one.
  • dacouch
    Options
    Watchdog are very respected in the UK, if your such a great company and what Watchdog has said is so wrong then any decent company would be straight on to them and get a retraction and apology from Watchdog. When can we expect to see an apology and retrataction about them labelling you then?

I would also agree with the previous posters that the reviewcentres posts about your company leave very little the imagination. The few positive posts on their about your company are mainly by guests...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure