PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Burnt Porridge Pan

have burnt the stuff to the pan this morning, have left it to soak in hot soapy water, but has anyone any other ideas for getting the stuff off.

Comments

• aussielle
    aussielle Posts: 705 Forumite
    leave it to soak with washing powder and water...and do your porridge in the microwave in future ;)
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i do usually, but couldn't be arsed doing all different bowls for everyone so thought i'd do it in a pan. never again. back on shreddies tomorrow.
    leave it to soak with washing powder and water...and do your porridge in the microwave in future  ;)
  • Galtizz
    Galtizz Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    i do usually, but couldn't be arsed doing all different bowls for everyone so thought i'd do it in a pan.

Just do a big jug of milk in the micro then do the individual bowls. You just have to stop it half way through and give it a stir (unless you like skin on it :-X)
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)
    Combo Breaker First Post
    see, there is always a simple solution, and i never think of it. thanks galtizz i will do that in future. can't believe i didn't think of that. :-[
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    water with a teaspoon of washing up liquid, simmer it in the sticky pan - it will simmer quickly so watch it! Soak a bit more if you need but this usually works. I make porridge in the microwave now ;)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you don't like fadding with individual bowls for micro porridge why don't you nuke it (technical term) in one big mixing bowl and divvy out at the table. :-/ Porridge and pans don't mix
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I like mine made with water and it seems easier to wash off than when the kids have porridge with milk (eugh!)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If you don't like fadding with individual bowls for micro porridge why don't you nuke it (technical term)  in one big mixing bowl and divvy out at the table. :-/ Porridge and pans don't mix

Thats not a bad idea either math, thanks. we have technical tems like nuke here too, like flipflop(remote control), blower(hairdryer) and basil (brush). weird.
  • I heard once that if you leave a pan upside down on grass overnight all the burned bits will come off easily. Not sure if this works.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I heard once that if you leave a pan upside down on grass overnight all the burned bits will come off easily. Not sure if this works.

now you mention it, sure i heard that somewhere, wasn't it on how clean is your house?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure