PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tesco misprice policy

Options
I was wondering if anybody knew what Tescos policy on mispricing was.

If you find the price on the shelf different to what you pay at the checkout,do you get a refund AND the item for free?

If so you find something,could you go back in,clear the shelf of the aforementioned product and get them all for free?

I have never given my receipt's more than a quick look before now,but i am starting to study the prices of everything and i wanted to know if goes on at all.

Sorry,i almost forgot,does it make a difference if the price was higher or lower than you paid for it,it's still a misprice?
Sponsored by Tesco Clubcard Points !!

Comments

• Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I often find mistakes on my reciepts & never fail to go to customer services & claim my money back, don't think I have ever found a lower price mistake in my favour though. Don't know about going back & clearing the shelf of an item but for almost 3 months their system failed to pick up on a standard 2 for £3 pizza deal & I bought them every time I went in, went to customer services & said "Me again, head office still haven't corrected the mistake then?" & they'd sigh & say no & give me my money!
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • carl310166
    Options
    Thanks.

So you get the item PLUS your all money back?
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    that's what has happened when I have had a mistake corrected. Worth checking your reciept as it can happen quite often!
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    carl310166 wrote:

So you get the item PLUS your all money back?

Yep. Tescos do have this policy on posters plastered around theitr customer service desks...........at least, all the branches I've been into do. If you ever spot a mistake going through the till don't tell the cashier as they'll cancel it & manually put it through at the correct price, pay then go to customer services & get your full refund!!!!
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • carl310166
    Options
    Excellent!

So,have you been tempted to clear the shelf?
  • kimmie35
    Options
    Yes the policy is if its priced wrong that you will get a refund and the item. I work for Tesco as one of the shelf stackers!!! and we do try to make sure all the labels are in the right place but no ones perfect so keep an eye out!!! :D
  • Jolaaled
    Jolaaled Posts: 1,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    carl310166 wrote:
    I was wondering if anybody knew what Tescos policy on mispricing was.

If you find the price on the shelf different to what you pay at the checkout,do you get a refund AND the item for free?

If so you find something,could you go back in,clear the shelf of the aforementioned product and get them all for free?

I have never given my receipt's more than a quick look before now,but i am starting to study the prices of everything and i wanted to know if goes on at all.

Sorry,i almost forgot,does it make a difference if the price was higher or lower than you paid for it,it's still a misprice?

I've learnt to check my receipts now, after each visit, before I leave the store. There are often mistakes..commonly, where an item is shown to be reduced, or BOGOF, but the till's don't get it right. It's well worth the wait at customer services, as TESCO's policy is to give you a full refund, plus you keep the item. THere are blue signs up at the stores that tell you this.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    A friend of mine got a £30 pair of boots for nothing from Tesco with a mis-price :)
  • bazzaang
    bazzaang Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi i used to work at tesco on the price checking dept so learnt all the tricks, if you are overcharged then you are entitled to a full refund and you keep the product. Within a couple of months of leaving i had been "given" £200 worth of ps2 games cans of coke etc. Now keeping their beady eye on me. And their prices not spotted anything in quite a while
    Only when the last tree has died,the last river has been poisoned,and the last fish has been caught,
    will we realise that we cannot eat money.
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to this policy a friend and I bagged 5 toys, worth £40 this week.

They sell army play vehicles (called corps) with lights, sound and moving parts, they scan at £7.97 but have round price stickers on the box of £7.44

I picked up two for my lads, told a colleague at work and she checked the toy shelf in the store the next time she went (different store!) and it was the same situation there. She has triplet 4 yr old boys (yes, really!) and they had just 3 left, so whipped them in her basket, checked out and straight over to CS :D

Might be worth checking stores next time you're in for this ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure