IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Incorrect parking fine

Options
Hi all, any advice appreciated. My husband has received a pcn notice at North Middx hospital car park. The pcn correctly states and shows pictures of him entering and exiting the car park but it states he did not pay for the 2.5 hours he was there. Yes he entered the car park at time stated and yes he exited at time stated but what it doesn’t show is the photos between when he exited and entered again possibly twice! Our appeal was turned down and we were offered the opportunity to go to the Independent Appeals Service, which we have. If they turn us down what do we do we didn’t park there! My husband only collected the patient in A&Es son, dropped him off and picked me up (as I went in with her by ambulance). When they were ready he returned to pick them up. Where are the in between photos? How do I find out if this has happened before? It’s so unfair as we’ll end up paying a £100 for helping someone and we didn’t even commit the offence.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 September 2018 at 10:11PM
    Options
    do not pay !!

this is known as "double dipping" and is a well known fault with ANPR cameras

complain STRONGLY to PALS and get it cancelled by them asap

these are their guidelines so do not let them fob him off , there is a complaints system on their website so I am surprised he hasnt complained directly as soon as the pcn arrived

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

if this goes to court, you should win based on your "story", although nothing is guaranteed

name the PPC please , is it this IPC member ?

Justpark Management Limited
    Accreditation Start Date: 23/08/2016

www.justpark.com ?

and send this PPC an SAR for all photos and evidence they have on this incident asap - this is free under the GDPR
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Only two days ago this post was made about North Middlesex hospital. It may help you too.

There are several threads about parking at this hospital.
    Find them by putting North Middlesex hospital into the forum's search facility and choosing Show Posts.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 September 2018 at 1:54AM
    Options
    Make the complaint as explained there, to the Hospital, and be really assertive.

This is NOT to be paid! You cannot be fined for two visits, and the ANPR has failed.

That means that I will recommend that you should try to new tactic of sending the PPC a RECTIFICATION NOTICE and do that now, during the time the case is at the IAS.

One of the joys of serving a Rectification Notice (telling the PPC's Data Protection Officer, in no uncertain terms, to check for, identify and rectify an error in their data held) is that you can ALSO demand and under Article 18 of the GDPR, that the PPC ceases/restricts processing of that data until the DPO has completed the check required and replied.

In your case if you are quick, it STOPS them providing evidence to the IAS, LOL!

And if the PPC refuses to rectify the inaccurate data about the car's movements past their cameras, you will then make an online complaint to the ICO, and as long as you moved stright to the ICO complaint stage, this will beat the PPC's timeline for getting anywhere near issuing a claim. Get ahead of them.

A Rectification Notice explained and there is a robust example here (this this would need a bit of pruning/adapting to your situation):

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74774025#post74774025

DO IT NOW, get it emailed or posted* (taking care to retain a FREE certificate of posting from the PO counter) to the PPC tomorrow, addressed or in the subject line: 'DATA RECTIFICATION NOTICE - FOR THE URGENT ATTENTION OF THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER' to stop them in their tracks.

*never send a letter expecting it to be 'signed for' to a PPC. Imagine why not.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jayess_2
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    do not pay !!

this is known as "double dipping" and is a well known fault with ANPR cameras

complain STRONGLY to PALS and get it cancelled by them asap

these are their guidelines so do not let them fob him off , there is a complaints system on their website so I am surprised he hasnt complained directly as soon as the pcn arrived

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

if this goes to court, you should win based on your "story", although nothing is guaranteed

name the PPC please , is it this IPC member ?

Justpark Management Limited
    Accreditation Start Date: 23/08/2016

www.justpark.com ?

and send this PPC an SAR for all photos and evidence they have on this incident asap - this is free under the GDPR

Sorry just worked out what I think a PPC is, they are UK Car Parking Management. I have just looked them up and they seem to be an IPC member. Apologies for delay in reply 😊
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Yes IPC member

so appeal to IAS is futile as explained in the FAQ (#1)

Follow the advice in #4 above
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Any chance he has dash cam footage, could be useful in knocking this sort of con on the head.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    or

smart phone location tracking ?

Ralph:cool:
  • jayess_2
    Options
    Any chance he has dash cam footage, could be useful in knocking this sort of con on the head.

No unfortunately he hasn’t but a good reason to get one that I hadn’t thought of.
  • jayess_2
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    or

smart phone location tracking ?

Ralph:cool:

I love you 😘. We didn’t know it was on there. It proves he was not there!
  • jayess_2
    Options
    With regards to the above I’ve already appealed to IAS and their form stated had I submitted all the evidence. To the best of my knowledge I had as I didn’t know about tracking. What do you think I should do now. I am going into the PALS office tomorrow, I shall write to UKCPM’s data protection manager saying they’ve illegally obtained my details, I shall also write to IAS. Any suggestions about whether this is the correct thing to do or is there more?

On another note the patients son has just received a pcn fine notice saying he didn’t pay for parking whilst there. He hasn’t got the ticket anymore (he paid of course). Where do you stand if you might have incorrectly entered car registration?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure