IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Incorrect parking fine

Options
13»

Comments

• jayess_2
    jayess_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought I’d let all those who helped with info I have finally received a refund but only as goodwill gesture after getting my local MP involved. They didn’t answer some of his emails either. It was only after my and his persistence that an answer was received. Beamerguy
    I’m going to send this info to Sir Greg Knight. Thank you all! x
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    jayess wrote: »
    Thought I’d let all those who helped with info I have finally received a refund but only as goodwill gesture after getting my local MP involved. They didn’t answer some of his emails either. It was only after my and his persistence that an answer was received. Beamerguy
    I’m going to send this info to Sir Greg Knight. Thank you all! x

A refund of what? Did you actually pay UKCPM £100 after the IAS decision?

What did your MP say to loosen their wallet?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • jayess_2
    Options
    Yes I paid as it was causing me endless distress. The IAS upheld the charge despite me providing evidence from my phone that we were at home at the time. The M P just put forward my reply and I think in the end they just gave a refund to make us go away (after many emails, some unanswered).
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Why not, as a "gesture of goodwill", send them a letter before claim for your time spent on this debacle for £19.00 an hour and add a few quid for mileage and postage. It will only cost you a few pence but may cost them a bit more to answer it

I sent an LBA to Apcoa, which I had no intention of following through, and got a two page reply from their legal department.

https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk/documents-and-forms/letter-before-action.rl#
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • jayess_2
    Options
    I don’t think I can do this as they have said they can find no evidence to support my claim of not being there at the times stated. They’re only refunding as a gesture of goodwill. They will however receive another letter from me on the subject!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Send the parking firm a SAR by email, for all ANPR images of your car that day. You use the email address for data concerns, as shown in their PRIVACY webpage.

I reckon you will be sent three images (they will have missed one of the four) but that will PROVE your situation.

You should never have paid this. Unbelievable that people would do when they know it was a double visit. And you should never have tried IAS, as that is what made you feel on the back foot.

Next time come here earlier, and complain earlier (immediately) to the landowners.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Their so called " gesture of goodwill" has less worth than an eggcup full of lukewarm urine imo. They have wasted your time, now waste theirs, it is time you kicked @rse.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • jayess_2
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Their so called " gesture of goodwill" has less worth than an eggcup full of lukewarm urine imo. They have wasted your time, now waste theirs, it is time you kicked @rse.

I’ll have a go 😄!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport