Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • MRSMCAWBER
    Afternoon all

Elf -hope your little one is better soon
    I have to add a bit more to my spends .....

Got some bargaind for the freezer though -so they will get used next month...
    • 3 pork escallops (600g) @ 1.49 x 2
    • pack 6 fresh chicken breasts @ 2.00 x 2
    • 2 packs ready rolled puff pastry @ 49c
    • 18 huge peaches @ 2.00 -i only got them yesterday ..and only have 4 left
    these were all on offer -not whoopsed
    Then whoopsed in the naafi blocks of double gloucester were 75c -so I got all 7 for the freezer ... they should have been 19.09
    so thats another 15.21 to add to the total...we will be nipping to the bigger naafis on Saturday as I want some yankee candles -on offer at 2 for 22 for the big jars.... so hubby is getting me some for my anniversary and Im going to get some more out of the cash saved from NOT buying ANY magazines for 6 months ..I need some soft dark brown sugar so i can make some more courgette muffins (for the freezer if Im quick enough ) I have quite a few courgettes ready so that will make use of some of those... and I need some more eggs as I want to try some bitter orange and poppy seed ones -will post recipe if they are good
    oohhh and I knew that my random recipe I spotted in one of my books would come in handy one day.. I have a recipe for DOG BISCUITS in one of my bread making books :confused:...so thought it might come in as I saw the talk of home made ones the other day...it made in a BM.... but you can soon convert it to hand made if need be,, so here you go:-
    1. 1 cup warm chicken stock -21-28 degrees
    2. 2tbs milk powder
    3. 2tbs olive oil
    4. 1/2tsp salt
    5. 1 beaten egg
    6. 2 cups white bread flour
    7. 1 1/2 cups plain brown flour
    8. 1tsp yeast
    • put in the BM machine in the order according to your machine and set to "dough"
    • turn out and knead lightly
    • roll out to approx 1/2" thickness
    • using a cutter -(they have a bone one in the book )cut out the dough and place on a lightly floured baking sheet
    • rest for 20 mins
    • place in a pre-heated oven -gas 6/200c/400f and bake for 10 mins
    • reduce temp to gas 2/150c/300f and bake for 15 mins -depending on size of biscuit-until golden, crisp and hollow sounding
    • cool on a rack and then store in an airtight container
    Hope thats some use to someone..
    right Im back off to my x-stitching ..pasta salad for tea tonight, so nice and easy
    hope everyone is well
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,768Posts Today

8,970Users online

Martin's Twitter