The man who nearly has

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm watching this avidly.. I have no idea what to get my husband either.. he doesn't listen to music, he hasn't any hobbies, he doesn't have a car (he bikes to work, round the corner!), he doesn't play games, he doesn't wear jewellry, he has a new watch... I'm just thinking smellies, socks and sweets!!!

To make matters worse it is his birthday in January!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ELLA
    ELLA Posts: 784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes they sound the same, I bought my hubby a new watch when we got married and the only hobby he enjoys is his pc. No point in buying him mucis as he down loads it from the pc and Ive already got him some aftershave. He has more sock and pants than hairs on his head!! Ive decided after reading many threads on here to do him a mini hamper with all his smellies he uses. Ive already been out and bought him some hair gel, shampoo, shower gel and other bits and bobs. Asda has some good bits on offerf or a £1 which was good named brands. Good luck to you.
  • theradfords
    Options
    Hi

What about theatre tickets, or concert tickets, or a surprise weekend away in London?
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can't even do that.. he will use anything!! whatever I buy he will use and he hates aftershave and other strong smelling stuff.. I may just tell him he can have a sheep!! lol.. at least someone somewhere will be grateful!! .. mind you he'd probably get me a cow then lol
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Sassers
    Sassers Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    ELLA wrote:
    Thanks for that Idea, the only animal he love's is our little dog Alfie. I could of course buy him a new dog lead for him to walk the dog mmmm might not go down very well though. I will have a look at The good gifts catalogue website.
    Than you.
    Why don't you buy OH (and you) a long weekend camping or a cheap weekend break and also go with Alfie? Ever better when the weather's not so cold. My OH and I were looking at this option for us and our dogs...Try dog friendly holidays in Google
    As for `what do you buy someone with everything' I'm in situation with OH and parents. So they will be getting `things to do' like cinema tickets, Kew Garden tickets, tickets to watch their fav rugby team and experiences like that rather than `things'.
    Like the rugby tickets for example (BOGOF for £10), made up a little framed cardboard voucher with the tickets stuck on them, and a little disposable camera tucked into it as well.......oh and a miniature of brandy to keep out the cold......
    Oh and also paid for my auntie to have her hair done !
    Current debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
    DEBT FREE!
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options
    Athravan wrote:
    I was thinking about this for my OH.. in the end I looked at it logically, although he has everything, he doesn't have the *best* of everything, and many things have accessories or upgrades that can be bought for them.

So I thought - what does he use the most? His computer- Now I am getting him a 2gb RAM upgrade so he's up to 4gb ram which he was looking for.

I had to be sneaky and check his email for the old order number of his RAM when he built the computer, so I could get the exact same set of matched pairs so he had 4 x 1GB matched pairs of RAM, otherwise he would be fussy and not want it.

Anyway, even if someone has everything, can you think of what their favourite or most used thing is and either upgrade it or think of some accessories they might not have for it yet.

Although 2GB Ram doesn't seem to me like a romantic present, and I'd kill the OH if he bought that for me, I know it's going to make his christmas and that's what matters

And more importantly for you, OH will be so busy playing with his new upgraded PC that he'll stay out of your way!! :rotfl: :T
  • mitchlouise
    Options
    I'd take him somewhere. For x-mas last year I booked a trip to Edinburgh for the new years events and a night in Inverness so he could visit Loch Ness.

For his birthday this year I booked him tickets to the Rolling Stones in Paris and flights, hotel etc. Unfortunately they cancelled but we had the lovely trip to Paris and then when I got a refund on the tickets I booked a dolphin swim as a surprise for when we were on holiday in Florida.

So tickets to see fave bands, drive an F1 car, flying lesson, trip somewhere romantic. There's so much choice.

This year I got my boyfriend a watch though, oh and a voucher for a massage
  • rammy007
    rammy007 Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

What about theatre tickets, or concert tickets, or a surprise weekend away in London?

Yes i was going to say that i have a brother like this so i have bought him and his partner 2 George Michael tickets.(i have just seen him in paris he was absolutely fantastic!)
  • bethom
    bethom Posts: 16,573 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What about something like infra red goggles so he can see in the dark on his way to the loo and pretend he is James Bond in the process!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I live in my own little world, but it's ok as everyone knows me here :)
  • bluenose1
    bluenose1 Posts: 2,667 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't think what to get my husband, he also has ipod etc.

I am going to buy a wicker basket and cellophane for my husband and make him a
    “husband’s/dad's night in” kit.
    Containing –
    Action/ Thriller DVD’s
    2 cans of Guinness.
    Minature Jack Daniels/can of coke
    Big Bar of Chocolate
    Personalised voucher from www.fun-vouchers.co.uk put in envelopes.
    One voucher will promise to look after kids while he is watching his DVD’s
    One voucher will promise to make cups of tea on request.
    One voucher will promise to pamper him in the bedroom for an hour, actually maybe ½ hour as I will be tired after sorting Christmas out!!!!!
    Money SPENDING Expert

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport