PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Slow Cooker - The Recipe Collection

Options

Comments

• spankymonkey_2
    Options
    i know this may sound really awful but we had loads of leftover chinese takeaway one night, chicken chowmein, egg fried rice,pot of chinese gravy and some mixed vegetables . we was going out for the day after, so i didnt really want to waste the leftovers so threw them in the slow cooker with some chicken breasts, carrots, peas chicken stock and made up some stuffing mix and threw that in. wasnt hoping for much but it was really yummy!
    spanky xx

DFW weight watchers 28lbs to lose
    lost so far 11.5 lbs
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    TM, did you use the amounts in the recipe or did you adapt it a bit? I have a large slow cooker so I'm thinking I might as well use the amounts they say and it is for 4 of us but I think my husband will probably eat double.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Ticklemouse
    Options
    I have one of those 20 yr old round Tower cookers, don't know what it holds - about 4- 4.5 ltrs?

Used 5 slices, 9 sausages, 6 medium mushrooms, 4 eggs, small cup of milk (didn't actually measure it), enough cheese to cover, bit of salt & pepper in egg mix. Basically, that was what we had of everything. Was plenty for me and Mr TM (who eats double) and I think there's another portion left. Kept the mushrooms in large pieces so didn't fall to bits.

Mr TM has just come in and confirmed it was luverly.

I think if you use the american amounts, you'd better have an american appetite, if there are only 4 of you.:)
  • tiff
    Options
    Thanks, will reduce the recipe and see, I dont think I can wait till next weekend though after you saying how yummy it was!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • tillymint
    Options
    I buy spare rib pork chops, they are really cheap, about £1.30 for 2 decent sized ones. Put them in the slowcooker with a big jar of Tesco sweet n sour sauce and cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1/2 hour before serving, lift out the chops and put them on a plate, mix cornflour and milk and add to sauce to thicken then put chops back in the thickened sauce. Lovely!
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just made us a curry using Bogof Tesco chicken thighs which I skinned and popped in slow cooker with tinned tomatoes,mushrooms sliced peppers, onions and curry powder.

It cooked overnight and we had some for lunch with pitta bread - even hubby enjoyed it and there is lots left for tonight.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Im making a chick pea and ****tail sausage casserole in mine today. The sauce is a tin of toms, garlic, onion and a couple of mushrooms, and a stock cube. I blended it all so my daughter will not complain about 'bits' and the sauce looks just like the stuff you get around tinned meatballs:)

That is after I had spilled half of it :( luckily I still had enough!
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LMAO can you guess what it is yet? ****tail sausage?
    duck tail
    boar tail
    lamb tail
    hmmm...
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • tiff
    Options
    I have stewing beef in mine with beef stock cubes, worcestershire sauce, paprika, onions, celery, carrots and potato.
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sarahsaver wrote:
    LMAO can you guess what it is yet? ****tail sausage?
    duck tail
    boar tail
    lamb tail
    hmmm...
    oxes tail maybe :rolleyes:
    Blah
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income