Changing recipes...again

edited 27 February 2013 at 5:12PM in Old Style MoneySaving
5 replies 572 views
hbk2006hbk2006 Forumite
579 Posts
edited 27 February 2013 at 5:12PM in Old Style MoneySaving
:o Me again....yet another question about tweaking recipes - sorry!

I want to make this recipe but instead of rice I want to use pasta (which I am going to cook on its own and mix it in with the chicken and chorizo at the end).

My question is: Do I a) still need to add the chicken stock and b) if so should I reduce the amount as I'm guessing the stock would be absorbed into the rice?

:D....It's nice to be nice.....:D

Replies

• FairyPrincesskFairyPrincessk Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't see the recipe, but it sounds to me like--no, you don't need the stock. However, depending on what you're mixing it with, it may need a bit more salt or seasoning added to the sauce to compensate--but with Chorizo, probably not!
  • hbk2006hbk2006 Forumite
    579 Posts
    oops sorry - forgot to add the link! :o Added to original post!
    :D....It's nice to be nice.....:D
  • kittycat204kittycat204 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    "Original Recipe:

Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid and brown the chicken for 5-8 mins until golden. Remove and set aside. Tip in the onion and cook for 3-4 mins until soft. Then add the pepper, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 mins more.
    Stir the chicken back in with the rice, add the tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the rice is tender."

I would cook the chicken and chrizo etc together, then add the toms and maybe half a stock cube crumbed in, if it looks a bit dry add water then.
    Cook the pasta separately then just mix together or pour on top.
    Hope this helps.
    Opinion on everything, knowledge of nothing.
  • FairyPrincesskFairyPrincessk Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id probably do similar to kittycat--I might taste it before adding the stock cube as it looks like it will have quite a bit of flavour as is. Some cajun seasonings also have salt added.
  • you could always cook the pasta in the stock as opposed to plain water.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News