Changing recipes...again

edited 27 February 2013 at 5:12PM in Old Style MoneySaving
5 replies 572 views
hbk2006hbk2006 Forumite
579 Posts
edited 27 February 2013 at 5:12PM in Old Style MoneySaving
:o Me again....yet another question about tweaking recipes - sorry!

I want to make this recipe but instead of rice I want to use pasta (which I am going to cook on its own and mix it in with the chicken and chorizo at the end).

My question is: Do I a) still need to add the chicken stock and b) if so should I reduce the amount as I'm guessing the stock would be absorbed into the rice?

:D....It's nice to be nice.....:D

Replies

• FairyPrincesskFairyPrincessk Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't see the recipe, but it sounds to me like--no, you don't need the stock. However, depending on what you're mixing it with, it may need a bit more salt or seasoning added to the sauce to compensate--but with Chorizo, probably not!
  • hbk2006hbk2006 Forumite
    579 Posts
    oops sorry - forgot to add the link! :o Added to original post!
    :D....It's nice to be nice.....:D
  • kittycat204kittycat204 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    "Original Recipe:

Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid and brown the chicken for 5-8 mins until golden. Remove and set aside. Tip in the onion and cook for 3-4 mins until soft. Then add the pepper, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 mins more.
    Stir the chicken back in with the rice, add the tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the rice is tender."

I would cook the chicken and chrizo etc together, then add the toms and maybe half a stock cube crumbed in, if it looks a bit dry add water then.
    Cook the pasta separately then just mix together or pour on top.
    Hope this helps.
    Opinion on everything, knowledge of nothing.
  • FairyPrincesskFairyPrincessk Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id probably do similar to kittycat--I might taste it before adding the stock cube as it looks like it will have quite a bit of flavour as is. Some cajun seasonings also have salt added.
  • you could always cook the pasta in the stock as opposed to plain water.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides