PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What does 'POA' mean on Rightmove sales ?

Options
13»

Comments

• RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To my mind, "Price on Application" for houses or anything means "it's priced way too high, so we won't tell you how much it is or you won't even bother asking us. Another way of looking at it, if it was an attractive price, they'd make very sure to say what it was, as the price would attract customers.
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AFAIK this POA thing was done by unscrupulous EA's to avoid showing price drops on property snake.
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    So really, anything with a 'POA' you should bargain extra hard with them as they have tried to hide the price a bit for various reasons - sort of makes them stand out these days! I'll pass all this info on, many thanks to all those responders...
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SquatNow wrote: »
    I personally see it as a sign of dishonesty.

I buy everything online and often come accross sites that wont give prices or (sigh) won't tell you what the postage charge is until after you "register" with them.

I don't want to f**king give you my name and address I want to know how much the f***ing postage is.

I've come to the conclusion that if they conceal the price, you probably wont like it.

Hell yeah. If a company demands I register or give them my name/address before they tell me how much I will actually be paying, they lose me as a potential customer. :mad:
    poppy10
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am really put of by POA. A few properties I have wanted details have POA on them and I notice they always makes agents squirm more, either with delight at the price or with discomforture. I find it distinctly off putting. I recognise that the vendors want some sort of privacy, but it just makes me wonder what else they don't want to disclose. I really don't like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure