car insurance claim

Options
hi

Does anyone know how long a solicitors / insurance company have to deal with a claim?

a coach cut me up on a laned roundabout slamming me in to the roundabout and taking off the bumper/headlights off my car but they are claiming it was my fault?

this happened in Nov last year and after calling every 2 weeks for the past 6 months i don't seem to be getting any futher :mad:

Solicitors have also sent the same letter to the insurance company 3 times because it keeps getting lost in the post yet they wont just call and confirm they have it they say they have to wait 3 weeks and then resend it every time

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    A disputed claim can take lots longer than this. (Some take years to resolve).

Just put it to the back of your mind if you can. It will eventually come to some sort of resolution. (Presumably you don't have a "cast iron" case? If you do, you could speed it up by taking small claim action yourself)
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,639 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Solicitors have also sent the same letter to the insurance company 3 times because it keeps getting lost in the post

Can you ask your solicitors to use recorded delivery (70p)?
    Surely this has got to be cheaper than solicitors time?

Your choices are to wait or take court action.
    Court action has risks in terms of time, cost and emotional investment, although the small claims court is meant to minimise all this.
  • cvillakg
    cvillakg Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    if you case is strong .. then perhaps a better way to approach would to issue on this one even if a 50/50 it has some chance still ...a potential notice pertaining to RTA might be fruitful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure