£5 off (or possibly FREE?) Rail Travel

Options
As posted beforehand, you can save £5 off rail travel when you book through the business section of thetrainline.com and use the code 5OFFBIZ. There is no minimum spend (so journeys costing less than £5 off are effectively free) and anyone can open a business account - even though you may not be a part of a company.

However, thinking among the lines of other MSE's splitting their journeys into diffrent legs to gain cheaper CDRs than Saver RTNs - can the same be applied buy two tickets for one journey so saving £10 by doing 2 different transactions? (or £15 for 3 transactions, £20 for 4 and so on...)

i.e. Say I want to travel from Swindon to London Paddington rtn with my Student RailCard.

Supersaver Adv Rtn - £16.85
£5 Off Code - £11.85

Ok? - However if I buy tickets in 2 seperate transactions for:

Swindon to Reading Rtn - £7.90 so £5 off = £2.90

and

Reading to London Paddington Rtn - £7.90 so £5 off = £2.90

So - a grand total of £5.80 instead of paying £16.85 (or even £11.85 if you didn't split up the journey. Apparently it is legitiable as long as you pass through the station where your two tickets change - in this case Reading.

So - has anyone tried this?
sorry no links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2

Comments

• evesham1988la
    Options
    NB: just read the T&Cs thats its for journeys over £20 - (even though it still takes the discount off for journeys less than £20) - but say if your total journey cost was over £40 you would still be able to save £10 by splitting it up into 2 different legs. Ignore my example above.
    sorry no links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport