I forgot the classroom assistant

Options
I've just spent ages trying to get a thoughtful & nice gift for my daughter's teacher. Finally found something I thought she'd like and we've just wrapped it up. (School finishes tomorrow).

Sat down feeling relieved that I'd sorted it out (been on my 'to do list' all week but had a lot on my mind and kept forgetting)....and then I realisedI never got the classroom assistant anything.

School finishes at 11.30am and I wont have time to buy anything tomorrow.

Feeling really bad now. Any suggestions? (Anything homemade isn't an option btw.)

Does a bunch of flowers from the garage look bad? :o
Herman - MP for all! :)

Comments

• alwaysonthego_2
    alwaysonthego_2 Posts: 8,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's the thought that counts x
  • t_obermory
    t_obermory Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could you get a box of choccies? Our local Tesco express sells some boxes of Thorntons which'd be a bit nicer than a bog standard box of chocs.
  • touch*my*food*feel*myfork
    Options
    somerfield near by? - currently have half price Thorntons - just under £3.
  • snails's_pace
    snails's_pace Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Options
    get your daughter to make something, the personal touch :)
    Bring back mark and lard NOW! or else (please) clique member no. 10 :j

"When a woman steals your man,there is no better revenge than to let her keep him"

I maybe blonde, have many moments and have big bazookas but my brain is in gear
  • CB1979_2
    CB1979_2 Posts: 1,335 Forumite
    Options
    24 hour supermarkets usually have a fair bit of tat
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Small place, no 24 hour supermarkets BUT we do have a small Somerfield and I think they open at 8am so I'll pop down in the morning to see if they have any chocs. Thorntons always seem to go down well with people, don't they.

Thanks all.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    Options
    Don't get too hung up, tbh as long as you recognise her, ie get something, that's enough! wine goes down well ('scuse the pun!):D
  • BARGAINHUNTER!
    Options
    bottle of wine and a thank you card should do the trick!
    MFW 2011 challenge - Aim: Overpay £414.26 a month/£5,000 a year. Overpayment Total to date: £414.26:jMortgage start 28/9/07 £46,217.00 :TMortgage balance as of 25/05/11 £24,490.58 :T
    Interest saved as of 25/05/11: £2,849.84 Projected term reduction as of 25/05/11: 9 years 11 months
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm, not really into the buying a gift for teacher thing, my DD's had three different teachers this year, so it wouldn't be very MSE.;)

A hand-made card thanking the assistant for all her hard work and help over the year, and how your child will always take the benefit of her help with her in life etc....:p if the teacher's present is really nice, then you could add a bottle of wine with the card.
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • mumoftwins
    mumoftwins Posts: 2,498 Forumite
    Options
    My two are leaving next month to go to secondary school - so thats 2 teachers and 4 classroom assistants :eek: doesn't bear thinking about :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Christians Against Poverty - www.capuk.org
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family