🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Frozen bank accounts?

Options
Well I went BR yesterday, and when I spoke to the OR's secretary she told me that she wouldn't be freezing my co-op account as the money I need to live on goes in.

But! I've got a seperate account with the yorkshire building society that has my child ben and tax credits going into it. (I've just never got round to changing it).

Well I changed them over to my co op account yesterday, but I think the money will still go into my other one this tomorrow and friday. Do you think I will be allowed to take the money out? The OR's secretary never told me not to. And as I haven't spoken to the OR yet I'm not sure whether I can withdraw it or not. It's not a huge amount of money but it helps!

Any info much appreciated

marste :)

Oh! by the way, what does the OR ask in the interview? and what do I need to have with me on the day? thank you
Me before I found this forum :confused: And me after going through BR with everyone's help :j

Comments

• Merry_Gentry
    Merry_Gentry Posts: 3,627 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Marste

We opened our Co-op accounts before going BR, and the OR's Assistant told us she would be freezing those as well as all the other accounts :( We explained that all of money - wages,benefits, etc would be going in there, and once we explained that she said she would inform the bank to give us access to those funds so I would think you will be ok. Best suggestion would be to contact them and explain that you are too late to get those payments changed so can they ensure you have access to taking them out while you are changing the details :)
    Get free advice before embarking on bankruptcy: CCCS 0800 138 1111 National Debtline 0808 808 4000
    Business Debt Line 0800 197 6026 CAB Insolvency Service- 0845 602 9848
    "He who laughs last didn't get it!" :rotfl:BSC 134

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills