A quick word of warning

Options
I'm flying to "the middle of nowhere -USA" for Thanksgiving time this year.
We booked end of May 05
Confirmed end of May 05
E Tickets arrived End of May 05
Re confirmation showing slight change of flight time on one leg rec'd start October 05

I'm going with AA and it is taking me 3 flights to get to my final destination. Being the type of person that I am, I keep logging in to AA so see if my flight has changed in price since I booked (and paid) for mine. When I checked last night I was surprised (horrified) to find that my final 180 mile leg no longer existed (AA had pulled it from their schedule) and that I was going to get a nights layover that I did not want.

I phoned AA who were VERY helpful and they have managed to get me to within 50 miles of my final destination )not a problem as my out-laws can pick me up).

My "quick word of warning" relates to the advice that the AA customer services lady told me - "the onus is on you (the passenger) to check regularly, every day is a good idea, on the status of your trip, AS IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO INFORM YOU OF CHANGES."

For me it all worked out nicely in the end, which is not to say how hacked off I would have been if I had discovered the missing flight on my day of departure.

Hope it helps someone from getting in a sticky spot.

MTC

p.s. I can't say thanks enough for AA customer services for trying as hard as they did to get me closer to my final destination.

Comments

• Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    Funny you should write that... I just checked my Etihad booking on Amadeus per chance and found they too had made a change to their schedule. Happily they changed it to the flight that I wanted anyway.
  • Doppleganger
    Options
    Had the same happen to me several times with BMI & SAS flights. Both legs of my Xmas flights to Sweden have been canceled so instead of 2 flights I have to do 4 :mad: At least SAS told me, unlike BMI who "forgot" :mad:

- Dop
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same with me, Zoom Airlines. Booked 3 weeks ago for a flight next May and within a week they had changed my outbound by 3 days and inbound by 3 days. They also failed to tell me and have been accruing a fair amount of interest on my £1000 until yesterday when I phoned for a refund.
    I haven't got one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport