CH High Interest accounts for charities?

Does anyone know of High Interest accounts for charities please?
I can get 5% personally with ING and a bit more elsewhere. ING will only do personal accounts.
We currently get just over 4% with CAF Bank in a Gold account, but 1% more would always be useful as we sometimes have funds paid in advance.
Thanks

Comments

• johnllew
    johnllew Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    You can get up to 4.95% with Standard Life Bank.

Or 4.60% with COIF Charities Deposit Fund
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Don't know what you would get with Unity Trust: http://www.unity.uk.com/ - but our treasurer closed our deposit account because it was going to be more cost-effective to have it all in a current account with Unity!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Swattie
    Swattie Posts: 729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cater Allen Private Bank have a Reserve Account for Charities which often is in best buy tables

phone 0800 092 3300 for details
  • Hi Everyone

I am a new user and don't know what I am doing, so bear with me!

As a member of my local Community Centre committee which is a registered charity (Scotland) I am disappointed with the interest we are receiving from our current bank. We have a £15k bond maturing in June this year and would like to reinvest to ensure that we receive the highest interest possible. We also have around £5 - £10k to invest right now. Any ideas / suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance. Maz.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well, you're doing fine so far, so welcome.

I don't know if things are different in Scotland, but try Unity Trust, Triodos and CAF Bank. No promises ... but they do have special accounts for charities rather than businesses. We bank with UT, for example, and our Treasurer found the rate of interest on our current a/c good enough not to worry about a separate deposit account these days. We don't have a huge amount of surplus funds, however, and we're not in Scotland!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • My charity has recently opened a Deposit Fund account with the Affirmative Deposit Fund for Charities. I've shopped around for interest rates and it is the best that I've seen. Like most deposit accounts it works in conjunction with a normal current account. It's managed by Epworth Investment Management , 020 7496 3631.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure