Forum Home» Greenfingered MoneySaving

horse-tail - how do you kill it? - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

horse-tail - how do you kill it?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
54 replies 136.8K views
12346»

Replies

• LeifLeif Forumite
    3.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might try that for Bird's Foot Trefoil. Despite glyphosating my lawn, BFT is growing again, presumably from the underground roots rather than seed.
    Warning: This forum may contain nuts.
  • mutley74mutley74 Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bought Kurtail from ebay...and within a week you see results on horsetail. but recommend you wear appropriate protective clothing when applying as its toxic (as are most weedkillers)
  • MrsBartolozziMrsBartolozzi Forumite
    6.4K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    mutley74 wrote: »
    Bought Kurtail from ebay...and within a week you see results on horsetail. but recommend you wear appropriate protective clothing when applying as its toxic (as are most weedkillers)

I'm glad you posted this, I bought some from ebay too and am off to buy some protective clothing so I can apply it later today. Expensive, but if it works I'll be happy.

It's only a game

~*~*~ We're only here to dream
    ~*~*~
  • mutley74mutley74 Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you posted this, I bought some from ebay too and am off to buy some protective clothing so I can apply it later today. Expensive, but if it works I'll be happy.

I just wore some long sleeve rubber gloves, safety specs, and old waterproof coat and jeans. I applied using the 2litre sprayer from Wilko (£2.50). Don't waste time using watering can, Progreen recommend a sprayer to make sure the weedkiller droplets reach each plant.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support