Leapfrog baby

Options
Hi

Woolies have a really good bundle offer on their leapfrogs. My daughter is 11 months and I was considering getting the littletouch Leapfrog (suitable from 6 months to 36 months). I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of it and if its worth it. Its £38 for the machine and 2 books.
I know the older ones are good as they help young children read etc but wasnt sure of the baby version.

Thanks
:j BABY A :j

Comments

• LCard
    LCard Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I would think you would be better with the next one up. The baby one she will have outgrown in about 6 months time. My daughter got the next one up when she was about 18 months old, I had thought she would be too young for it but she loved it. She has now progressed to the Leapster, she will be 4 in December and she has managed that no problem.

She really loved her Leappad and played with it almost every day for 2 years. It also proved invaluable when on journeys!
  • Baby_A
    Baby_A Posts: 628 Forumite
    Options
    Thats what my husband said to get the next one up as it is age 3 up. I thought maybe the books would be to advanced.
    Is it possible to use the leap frog baby books on this or is it not compatiable?
  • jenpoptab
    jenpoptab Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    Options
    I was also looking at this and wondering what to get as I have one daughter aged 2 and another six months. Maybe I'll get the "my first leappad" and keep six month old away from it until she's a bit older.
    WW Gold Member, trying to maintain !!!
    Hayden born July 07
    Tabitha born April 05
    Poppy born July 03
  • Baby_A
    Baby_A Posts: 628 Forumite
    Options
    Yeh even they are really good bundles they are not cheap, so I wouldnt like to buy until I was sure which one and if it was a really good system to have that my child would benefit from.
    My daughter loves books even at such a young age, as soon as I pick it up she'll run over and sit down in my lap and will turn the pages while I read. I just really want to encourage this while it lasts and she discovers toys like barbie!!
  • Anya
    Anya Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter is a little bit older so I have just got her the normal leappad. I got a really good deal on eBay ( pink leappad and 4 books inc. disney ones for £18! as new!). Maybe if you are going to get one of the younger version ones, that they will grow out of fairly quickly, it might be an idea to look on there first. Many of them are "nearly new" as they don't get as much play time out of the younger ones than they do with the older versions.
    Accepted offer on our house - Sept 2006
    Offer accepted on house we wanted - October 2006
    Survey completed - November 2006
    Searches completed - January 2007
    Vendor pulls out January 2007 - Aaaagghhh :mad:
    Offer accepted on next house - January 2007
    Survey completed - February 2007
    Searches sent - Febraury 2007
    Exchanged and Completed March 16th 2007!
    Phew!
    Decorating started 5/4/07
    Bathroom ripped out 18/3/07!

Baby due 23/4/07!
  • funky-footprints
    Options
    we bought my son the my first leap pad at 3, he is 5 in December and we have just bought him the leap pad , and my youngest daughter 3 next month now has the my first leap pad. its a bit of a rip off the books arent compatible. he loves it for journeys etc, however have noticed they have already updated the leapad to the one with writing.
  • col
    col Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    I would have to disagree with the opinion above that says a baby of 11 month is better suited to step above the little touch. My son has always loved books and is 17 months now and is just starting to get the hang of and understand the little touch pad. I think introducing my first leap pad which is for 3 yr olds is not suitable till beyond 24 months imo.

col
  • col
    col Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    oops im about a year 2 late with my reply
  • finc
    finc Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Options
    col wrote:
    oops im about a year 2 late with my reply
    Sorry this made me laugh out loud :rotfl:
    :smileyhea