Staywell Cat flaps

Options
My Cat whilst trying to get her in the box for the vets decided to try and break down the cat flap that i had locked to stop this happening. She managed it and split the flap as well!!! (damaged her nose in the process)

Thought oh no gonna have to buy a whole new cat flap but no staywell do every single part imaginable for the cat flap and you just buy the part you need!!! I ordered it on tuesday and it arrived this morning. So I got a new flap bit for £3.70 incl P&P well chuffed.

Comments

• inatomato
    inatomato Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Not bad, but if you weigh it up against the 150 quid vet's bill for fixing the cat's hooter... :-)
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. - P.J. O'Rourke
  • Purdy_1
    Purdy_1 Posts: 756 Forumite
    Options
    divadee wrote:
    My Cat whilst trying to get her in the box for the vets decided to try and break down the cat flap that i had locked to stop this happening. She managed it and split the flap as well!!! (damaged her nose in the process)

Thought oh no gonna have to buy a whole new cat flap but no staywell do every single part imaginable for the cat flap and you just buy the part you need!!! I ordered it on tuesday and it arrived this morning. So I got a new flap bit for £3.70 incl P&P well chuffed.

Can you tell me how you contacted Staywell? I have a catflap which my cats have got their claws into and lost the magnetic strip which stops the flap from flapping in the breeze.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Not bad, but if you weigh it up against the 150 quid vet's bill for fixing the cat's hooter... :-)

naw the vet looked at her for freeee :j
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Purdy_1 wrote:
    Can you tell me how you contacted Staywell? I have a catflap which my cats have got their claws into and lost the magnetic strip which stops the flap from flapping in the breeze.

have a look here for the site. You need to know which model cat flap you have and then double check which part you need. Excellent service. And cheaper than a new cat flap!!!
  • Purdy_1
    Purdy_1 Posts: 756 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your help. It certainly is cheaper than a new catflap which is what I thought I would have to do, plus get it fitted by someone because it is fitted in double glazing white pvc. You have saved me a packet ! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure