Clearance Bargains = Argos

Options

Comments

• gentlepurr
    gentlepurr Posts: 4,122 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    cant beleive i've only found this link now! went to walsall for first time in four years yesterday, and parked in saddler centre. didn't even look over the road when i was in the queue cos i thought i knew it was only homebase there. hells bells!

btw, moved to uttoxeter from walsall 12 years ago, its lovely to hear the homely accents & feel the atmos of the markets again, although i do prefer living in uttox!
    xx
    "It is not uncommon for slight acquaintances to get married, but a couple really have to know each other to get divorced." - Anonymous
    :)
  • Buddah_3
    Options
    i work @ walsall clearance Bargains possible saw you :santa2:
    can save bare money if you want anything related to argos as all we sell is ex catolouge stuff they cant sell or have 2 many off so we sell it for half the value can save quite a bit and earn a bit if you know what u lookin for..
    although i do prefer living in uttox!

lol !

anywayz cya
  • saintscouple
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Just came across this site www.argosclearance.co.uk.
    Can only get into t&c's without registering, and from that believe that this is an auction - buy by the pallet and collection only service.
    Collection from Daventry Warehouse.

Someone might be interested?
  • xlt_hunter
    Options
    biglugs wrote:
    What - your cat ate your money??? :D

hehe, they seem to at the moment, the 2 moggies are spolit rotten
  • Stockie
    Stockie Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please remember everything @ Clearance Bargins Warehouses was:

1. Sat in a argos warehouse for at least 6 months. So no great up to date technology here. Good for old homeware type stuff though becasue it dosen't age/degrade.

2. Impossible for regular argos stores to sell - even in 50 and 75% RO clearances.

OR

3. not in very good nick (i.e. 16 day return's which could have been used and checked out as OK by the damages team at daventry).Just check it thoughly before buying.

4. Argos' usual polices and style don't apply here. No reservations. No returning this stock to regular argos stores etc

Stockie
    My views and opinions are my own and do not represent those of my employer(s) or anyone else
  • Roystoned
    Options
    I also work at the walsall clearance bargains store.
    Most of the importiant points have been raised:

1) Some electrical stock are returns under the 16 day money back garentee Argos have. It has all been checked and ok'ed by the damages team.

2) There is no 16 day money back garentee at clearance bargains, returns only excepted if faulty or damaged when sold!

3) Boxes maybe too damaged for Argos to sell in the regular stores even though the product is fine.

4) Most stock is excatalog but we are increasingly reciving new current stock like some of the new Sony Cybershots, Ipod nanos etc...

The Guys on customer services have a tough time because of the returns policy ( Im usualy they guy you will talk to there :) ) and we will usualy be leaneant.

Hope to see you instore soon!
  • Lady_S
    Lady_S Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    Options
    Do you ever have sofa beds delivered?
    See, I am after the inside knowledge now. Also, do you know what is coming into stock, or is it just random.

To be fair I have picked up loads of bargains from there, only difficulty is the lack of bags.
  • postie-65
    postie-65 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    do mobile phones come up? Any rough ideas of prices on latest deals etc? just so can see wat to expect
  • Roystoned
    Options
    We never know what comes in untill it arrives.
    We have a good selection of mobiles but nothing really new like Razors.
    I cant say whats in stock here, it changes day to day, just pop in and see!
  • killiekev2
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to source Zapf creation pallets of doll stock..baby annabell, baby born, chou chou etc. Are these in stock regularly at Walsall? Can I buy complete raw pallets for sorting?
    would be much obliged for any info

Sorry ..forgot to mention, it is ex argos zapf creation stock I;m looking for. dooohhh!! I've been buying it from middle men in Midlands area, but need to source it direct as I'm paying way too much
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure