🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Carvery £3.50 all day Mon-Sat (£6.50 Sun) UPDATE !

Options
deanos
deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
edited 26 February 2010 at 2:01AM in Shop but don't drop
Great value carvery £3.59 , Gammon, Beef & Turkey a slice of each if you like !

As much yorkie puds, vegs and potatoes you can eat

Cheaper than cooking at home

Dont think you will get ripped off on drinks either they are very reasonably priced, a pint of coke is only £1.75 and kids ice cream is 59p , adult deserts are £1.99

I can recomend "The Gap Inn" at Muston nr Grantham :)

Click link below, then click on the pub name and it will tell you the carvery price , the majority are £3.59 a few are £3.79

http://www.crowncarveries.co.uk/our-menus/carvery-menu-carvery-alternatives.html

Comments

• andrewmoorcroft
    Options
    Deal looks good until you try the food. My closest is the white swan at wythall. Ive tried it twice and it was a mistake! To me good value means good quality for your money. I do not deny it's cheap but no good value.
    No broccoli, carrots mushy, mixed light green and dark green peas some hard some soft and stuffing balls you could play golf with. Dont know if they're all bad though. Some people like the place which just shows the different standard people except. Now just to prove i'm not a snob with my food - i do enjoy my local Toby and chippy!
    Cash ISA rate 6.5% fixed for 2 years. Mortgage rate 0.75% = 5.75% profit on £75K = £4500 per year:j
    Mortgages make money. Definitely don't wanabee mortgage free!
  • deanos
    Options
    The one i use (muston) is absolutely fantastic, food is always fresh and tastes lovely, ive also been to one at Grimsby and it was good too.
  • ljbnotts
    ljbnotts Posts: 608 Forumite
    Options
    Iv'e been to a few and i was quite impressed, the veg has all been nice and fresh and the meat has been juicy. Really good value for £3.50! They've just opened one nearer to me than the one at muston in cotgrave and thats nice to!
  • curly_cabbage
    Options
    The one near me (on the old A2 near Higham) is really nice service was a bit slow for starters and dessert but, main course meal really good value we have also used the Derby Digger at Wickford and that was really good too, guess it just doen to the management and staff.

CC
  • mdcdeve
    mdcdeve Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    Went to one of these on fathers day near Eastbourne, not bad at all ! Great prices and great food
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The Bowling Green Inn on Preston Rd, Charnock Richard, Chorley in Lancs has got some rave revues as well for food and service.
  • MRS_TO_BE_2
    MRS_TO_BE_2 Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    Lord Louis in plymouth is very good!
  • mdeebee
    mdeebee Posts: 381 Forumite
    Options
    I must agree with you on this.

I've been to The Drawbridge in Rotherham, and it was awful.

Deal looks good until you try the food. My closest is the white swan at wythall. Ive tried it twice and it was a mistake! To me good value means good quality for your money. I do not deny it's cheap but no good value.
    No broccoli, carrots mushy, mixed light green and dark green peas some hard some soft and stuffing balls you could play golf with. Dont know if they're all bad though. Some people like the place which just shows the different standard people except. Now just to prove i'm not a snob with my food - i do enjoy my local Toby and chippy!
  • heskpesk
    heskpesk Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    Options
    Great Post but the one nearest to me on the list I know for a fact does not do a carvery.
  • deanos
    Options
    heskpesk wrote: »
    Great Post but the one nearest to me on the list I know for a fact does not do a carvery.

All Pub & Carvery pubs sells carverys thats why they are called Pub & Carvery ! , i think you have selected the wrong pub from the drop down list ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport