Options
Has anyone flown with either of these?

If so, I would appreciate some honest feedback
I haven't got one!

Comments

• LB1985
    LB1985 Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    Canadian Affair isn't actually an airline. I believe flights are operated by My Travel Airlines or Thomas Cook Airlines, but I've not travelled with either. Aircraft types will generally be Airbus A330 or Boeing B757, if that means anything to you... :j
  • moss_trevor
    Options
    My Mother & Father have used Canadian Affai to book flights between LHR - YVR on a number of ocassions. They have found the My Travel & Thomas Cook flights to be Ok though they have experienced short (<1hr) delays on both.

They now use the premium economy service as it is excellent value for money for such a long flight. No experience with zoom.

Just as an extra point Air Canada had soem superb rates in their business class ealier this year. Only £750 inc Tax LHR-YVR which is a steal. i think it is because their business is due for a refit so isn't up to the same standards as BA with the flat beds.
  • Wardster_2
    Options
    I've flown with canadian affair, was very good for the price, but bring your own drinks as only 2 teas/coffees are free.

If you get the choice fly in the Airbus A330 as this has personal TV's in all seats but the Boeing B757 does not.
  • Discogod
    Discogod Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i've done canadian affair - i think on the thomas cook flights you get extra legroom. the flights were fine - one took off slightly late but both landed on time. good prices, would fly again.
  • alric
    alric Posts: 321 Forumite
    Options
    zoom was OK on the way back, but vancouver was 13hrs iirc,I hadn't slept the night before and it was a real struggle just sitting there.
    Food was OK, they did vegetarian although turns out you're supposed to tell them in advance. When I wanted a drink I was told that only the 1st was free
  • muzzle_2
    muzzle_2 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look at this thread (second page I think). I had loads of bother with Zoom.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=91408
  • Doppleganger
    Options
    I concur with muzzle - AVOID ZOOM unless you are prepared to travel in 3rd Class, I used them once and that was enough. Its service is cr@p. Canadian Affair is very good and I have used them several times to arrange my flights.
  • coull2000
    coull2000 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I booked with Canadian Affair last October, flying Glasgow to Toronto. We had a party of 9 made up of 2 families with 1 disabled child. They were excellent at the point of booking. Special requests with wheelchairs were all handled very well, and the carrier was Thomas Cook, they too were excellent. Price of the flights could not be beaten at the time. My husband is 6' 3" and we booked extra legroom seats for him, although found that the plane a 757 had been modified for these trips and the 'standard' legroom would have been fine for him, so saving the extra cost of the upgrade. On the return leg we arrived at Toronto airport to find that the plane was delayed. Canadian Affair reps were there keeping everyone informed of what was happening, they handed out written statements giving details of the delays and we were put up in a hotel for the night, taken there and back and given an evening meal and breakfast. An extra night in a very swish hotel, no hardship. Would I use them again, you bet! Would I recommend them, definately.
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments/advice.

Zoom have changed our flight already (within a week of booking). It now leaves 3 DAYS before the original flight which means I have to take my daughter out of school.
    On top of this, they haven't even told us yet!!!

I think I'm steering towards Canadian Affair but their big birds (the ones with the tv) don't fly from Manchester and I don't klnow whether I fancy the drive after a 9 hour flight.

Any more advice, greatly appreciated...
    I haven't got one!
  • Jane_2-2
    Jane_2-2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I have used the premium service with Canadian Affair last September. We found the service and the flight to be good and would not hesitate to use them again. We have been recommending them to friends too!
    We flew from Gatwick to Toronto and returned from Vancouver. I cannot believe how cheap their flights are.

My husband has just reminded me though the booked vegetarian meals did not turn up and the car we booked was below what we requested and they did not refund the money once we made them aware.

They also got our booking wrong three times, the dates were incorrect, the car rental details were wrong and one of the hotel bookings was incorrect.

He obviously has a better memory than me! I guess that I am remembering the good times in Canada and there were many!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure