🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Natwest 9m BT card - Now a 2% fee for non-Natwest account holders?

Options
I have seen the Natwest card listed as one of the best for BTs (no fee for 9 months) but I just started to apply and came accross this on the balance transfer page:

Transfer & Save lets you transfer balances from your higher rate credit
and store cards to your NatWest Credit Card so you can start saving
money right away.
This service is fee-free if you give your NatWest current account details
during application - otherwise, each transfer is subject to a fee of 2%
(min £5; max £49)

And on the home page:

No balance transfer fee for NatWest current accountholders
(Non current accountholders, 2% of transferred balance. Min £5, max £49)

Is this new?... It says the same thing on the RBS site... BTs only free if you have an RBS a/c.

Comments

• Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Jinner wrote:
    Is this new?... It says the same thing on the RBS site... BTs only free if you have an RBS a/c.
    Must be new - I didn't get charged for my BT which is my most recent stooze (within the last month), though I got a rubbish credit limit!
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jinner wrote:
    This service is fee-free if you give your NatWest current account details during application
    Looking at the T&C's, even if you have a NatWest/RBS current account, the BT is only fee-free if done in the first 3 months.
  • blacksta
    blacksta Posts: 919 Forumite
    Options
    crooks

The funny i am existing card holder and i have asked and was refused the offer for new customer even though i have a current account with them
    I owe £3233 @ 0%
  • chalky_bertie
    chalky_bertie Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No fee when i BT last month but again a mediocre credit limit which I got increased not by much but above that they wouldn't budge, even though i have been with natwest for 17 years.

With Natwest anyway cor current a/c but perhaps this is getting more and more popular - i stay away from cards which have a BT fee.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • leaphaze
    leaphaze Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checked RBS and they're the same - nuts!
    Wearing my other one today.
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When I applied a couple of months ago it said somewhere on the site "We never charge for BT's"...soon changed their tune! :rolleyes: Couldn't find this statement when I looked recently, now I know why!
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • bob_builder_2
    Options
    It was a bit odd RBS charging BT fees for Mint, Tesco, etc. but not on their "own" RBS and NatWest cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport