🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Barclaycard/skycard!

Options
Hey guys :)

Just a quick question :)

I had a barclaycard a few years back and ran onto trouble paying it off, anyway, long story short, I am paying it back now (just started) and am trying to rebuild my credit at the same time.

I know SkyCard is owned by Barclaycard and was wondering if Skycard would decline me because of my previous problems with Barclaycard? or are they different systems?

Thanks

Matt
"I Assume I Need No Introduction"

Comments

• Niteflyer
    Niteflyer Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
  • blacksta
    blacksta Posts: 919 Forumite
    Options
    It depends what is registered on credit. IF barclays have recorded a default on your record i would assume it will be add to obtian credit. Another route might be adding a notice of correction explaining that payments are been reguarly.

Good luck
    I owe £3233 @ 0%
  • Niteflyer
    Niteflyer Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    blacksta wrote:
    It depends what is registered on credit. IF barclays have recorded a default on your record i would assume it will be add to obtian credit. Another route might be adding a notice of correction explaining that payments are been reguarly.

Good luck

Thanks :)The thing is, although Barclaycard was a default, for some reason it's not on my equifax credit report, it's on my experian though. On my Equifax, I have 4 lines of perfect credit but for some reason I have none listed in my old address (it all seems to be registered on Experian).

Thanks

Matt
  • Pauls
    Pauls Posts: 752 Forumite
    Options
    Did you get mailed directly, or is it a magazine insert?

If you got mailed then you've probably been pre-screened against the credit files that are held by the CRA's, and therefore should be OK (in theory).

The decision will probably be down to sky, rather than barclaycard. And given that these cards are offered to existing sky customers they should be a little more lenient!
  • daveboy
    daveboy Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you defaulted with Barclaycard, then the chances are that you won't get a Sky card, as it is my understanding that it is administered by Barclaycard - meaning they will check Experian.

You may well find it difficult to get any sort of credit.

The best thing is to get your credit file from Experian to see exactly what is on it before applying. It only costs £2, from HERE.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pauls wrote:
    If you got mailed then you've probably been pre-screened against the credit files that are held by the CRA's...
    I didn't think they could search your file without your permission, which you normally give when you make an "application".
  • Pauls
    Pauls Posts: 752 Forumite
    Options
    They don't actually check your file, but they do pre-screen against records of bad credit. It's a very similar thing, but your personal credit file doesn't get updated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport