The Great 'Disney Cost Cutting' Hunt

Options

Comments

• nggroves
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    We used the "unoffical guide to disney" and followed their tips to the letter. On the last Disney parks day we were convinced that we were just in a good week and there were no queues (as we'd never had to queue for more than 15 mins). We abandoned the plan and met disaster 90 minute queues and a lot of time wasted running between queues.

Here are a few tips:

Plan your days and restaurant stops before you go. One call from the UK to USA 2 weeks before you go to book all your restaurants in the Disney parks and hotels.

With young kids book a character breakfast in a Disney hotel for a day you are not going to the parks. Makes a quieter resting day and the kids will love meeting the characters face to face with no hurry. They'll also enjoy wandering round a disney hotel.

If you are unsure how many days in the park to book, go for more not less, the extra cost is small and you can always sell your unused days to the time share booths.

We used travelcitydirect for flights car and an apartment. found them to be great value and flew direct into Sanford airport - much quieter and quicker to clear than orlando.
    You can book restaurants 180 days out with Disney. In busy times it is best to book as far ahead as possible as they WILL book out
  • wanye
    wanye Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    bindiboo wrote: »
    guys I am having a job finding flights to sanford

we want to fly from any london in october

any suggestions?

said this in a couple of other orlando threads recently, but i got gatwick>sanford direct flights for oct 4th-18th from http://www.broadwayfloridausa.com/ for £289 per person a couple of weeks ago.

HTH
  • justinmcc
    Options
    Try the Orlando Magicard Link below

http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicard/

:money:
  • tazz233
    tazz233 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Options
    Another recommendation for tourguide mike and his website and also disboards.com. Planning is definately the way to go with holidays to Orlando! :D
    Competition Challenge 2007 - Win your internet fees back in prizes = £349.87/£156
  • charlieandlola2007
    Options
    Even a low-price ticket becomes expensive if you don't get value for money from it. When I visit Orlando, I focus on one type of ticket e.g. Disney ticket or Flex Ticket for the whole holiday.

If you buy a Disney ticket and use it every day, it works out as being cheaper than gaining entrance to some UK theme parks. Similarly, if you plan your day around quiet times, you can get more than 50% out of it in terms of rides/attractions.

No tickets are sold at such a low price that they outweigh the benefits gained from good planning. Focus on the average cost per ride/attraction rather than the price itself.:rolleyes:
  • dfdonelan
    Options
    Here's a few comparisons of prices with some of the major providers.

For comparison purposes, the 'total price' is based on a family of 4, and the best is with Theme Park Tickets Direct. This will save you £38 on an identical set of tickets with Attraction Tickets Direct !

Theme Park Tickets Direct
    14-Day Ultimate Adult - £162
    14-Day Ultimate Child - £143
    Orlando Flex Adult - £112
    Orlando Flex Child - £94
    NASA Adult - £18
    NASA Child - £14
    Delivery - £0
    CC charge - £0
    TOTAL - £1,086

Orlando Ticket Deals
    14-Day Ultimate Adult - £165
    14-Day Ultimate Child - £145
    Orlando Flex Adult - £115
    Orlando Flex Child - £95
    NASA Adult - £18
    NASA Child - £14
    Delivery - £0
    CC charge - £0
    TOTAL - £1,104

Attraction Tickets Direct
    14-Day Ultimate Adult - £164
    14-Day Ultimate Child - £144
    Orlando Flex Adult - £119
    Orlando Flex Child - £99
    NASA Adult - £20
    NASA Child - £16
    Delivery - £0
    CC charge - £0
    TOTAL - £1,124

Florida Tix
    14-Day Ultimate Adult - £164
    14-Day Ultimate Child - £144
    Orlando Flex Adult - £113
    Orlando Flex Child - £95
    NASA Adult - £21
    NASA Child - £16
    Delivery - £0
    CC charge - £0
    TOTAL - £1,106
  • dfdonelan
    Options
    villarenters.com is a fantastic website. You booking is direct with the villa owner, but your money is held with a 'holding company' until your stay commences. This effectively removes the worry of paying hundreds of pounds upfront to an unknown individual.

Word of caution: villarenters does not appear to be ABTA or ATOL bonded so I guess if they went into administration you'd lose your cash. However, I did a bit of research before I used them and they are owned by the Daily Mail & General Trust PLC for the group's travel subsidiary Teletext Ltd, so that reassured me somewhat !
  • lainey5565
    lainey5565 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    :beer: My family and I are going to Orlando on Saturday (21st June) and we are staying in Disney's Yacht Club Resort. I was lucky enough to win the flights, transfers, de-luxe hotel and passes to all the Disney Parks courtesy of the Woolworths website. ( I am only putting this bit in because I want to let your subscribers know that not all competitions are scams and "normal" people can win them! I'm not trying to p**** anybody off!)
    Anyway we still wanted to do other parks so I spent last Saturday on my trusty laptop researching the best tickets. I looked on the usual travel sites in this country and then decided to go direct to the USA sites which tend to give you more options for your money. eg. Going straight to the Kennedy Space Centre gives different options for the same price - I found a trip that does pick ups around the different resorts but you can choose what you want to do within the package you book like either having lunch with an astranout or having a 40 minute trip through the swamp in an airboat aswell as all the tour options within the Centre! Either variation cost approx £55.00 (just to let you know we chose the airboat ride).
    When it comes to Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove and Aquatica booking through their websites is cheaper again and there are offers if you buy certain tickets together. I booked Sea World and Busch Gardens together because by doing this you get a free bus to Busch Gardens (various pick up points again) and I also got $10 off each ticket again by booking on the internet and using the ticket within a certain time frame. The ticket gives unlimited entry in the 2 parks for 14 days from date of first entry. Sea World also did a deal for $19.95 for a 2 course meal including a soft drink in any of the participating restaurants on site between 6pm and closing and you and you can use as many of the reataurants as you want during this time!
    As said before you have to print off e-Tickets for entry to the parks or go on trips and you cannot get duplicates from the companies so guard with your life or pay again!!:T
    Got to finish my ironing now! icon9.gif

If these trips go to plan you won't hear from me if they don't I'll write another review!!

YAY I entered that competition too.......thanks for posting as I always wanted to know if they are real competitions.
    And WELL DONE on winning Have A Great Holiday:j:j
    :kisses:
  • Janiebabes
    Janiebabes Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I know this is slighty off mark... but any Euro Disney stuff out there which saves us a few £?

Already booked the hotel (cheaper Sante fe), tickets included & we are ferrying to save pounds as the eurostar & flights cost too much, but any other advice would be fantastic!

Janie xxx:beer:
  • shandypants5
    shandypants5 Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Justa quick check before I buy.

Can anyone beat £134 for an orlando flexticket plus from these people?
    http://www.americanattractions.co.uk/orlando-flexticket/plus.php

Or is there a better way to buy the tickets taking advantage of exchange rates and such?

My only stipulation is that whoever I buy from must send me the REAL tickets not vouchers, as I dont see the point in vouchers.
    If you have to que up for your tickets on the first day then you may as well take your cash and pay on the first day?
    “Careful. We don't want to learn from this.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport