House rent on credit card

Options
Hey all,

as I am renting a house for ~1300p per month would it be possible that the agency sucks the amount out from one of the credit cards.
Out of that I could profit from the offers like:
purchasing interest 0%
or
every spent coin/purchase will give you money back like with the egg card.

Is there any chance for that or is it totally senseless??

Thx anyway for your anwers
ralf

Comments

• Niteflyer
    Niteflyer Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    bumsii wrote:
    Hey all,

as I am renting a house for ~1300p per month would it be possible that the agency sucks the amount out from one of the credit cards.
    Out of that I could profit from the offers like:
    purchasing interest 0%
    or
    every spent coin/purchase will give you money back like with the egg card.

Is there any chance for that or is it totally senseless??

Thx anyway for your anwers
    ralf

About 7 years ago, I was renting a 1 bedroom flat (about £550 a month) and I needed to pay my deposit (1 month) and 1st month's rent upfront, it was with an estate agancy called Park Estates and they took the £1100 frommy Visa card, not because it was a 0% or anything, I just didn't have the money to hand and didn't want to withdraw cash with it.

It will all depend on the agancy though, I guess some will and some won't. If it's a big agancy, they might but the smaller ones might not.

Hope this helps

Matt
    "I Assume I Need No Introduction"
  • donnalou
    donnalou Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My letting Agency charges 2% to use a Credit Card, When I moved they wanted 6 months rent up front so I had to pay by Credit Card then done a BT to Egg, Not sure if all agencies are the same though
  • bumsii
    bumsii Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys,

but is it possible if I go over credit card Egg that they pay me 1% back of the 'purchase'?!

regards
    R
  • Niteflyer
    Options
    donnalou wrote:
    My letting Agency charges 2% to use a Credit Card, When I moved they wanted 6 months rent up front so I had to pay by Credit Card then done a BT to Egg, Not sure if all agencies are the same though

Yeah that's the other point, makesure you know what they cgarge, I was lucky enough not to be charged anything :)
  • Niteflyer
    Options
    bumsii wrote:
    Thanks guys,

but is it possible if I go over credit card Egg that they pay me 1% back of the 'purchase'?!

regards
    R

Well, it os technically a purchase (as apposed to a withdrawal etc...) so I don't see why not.

Maybe somepne else here has had experiances with this type of this and may be able to help you further, if not just call egg and ask them, you've got nothing to lose.

Matt
  • bumsii
    bumsii Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I m mean that would easily give me the chances to grap a lot of money without doing anything.

I will ask my agency and go then on with the credit guys.

thx
    R

PS: More infos welcomed :)
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    bumsii wrote:
    More infos welcomed
    Halifax moneyback Current Account - if they don't accept credit cards (or charge for paying by CC), but accept debit cards ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure