Hotel in Europe that has fantastic care for a 2 year old?

Options
I have a problem that many people have these days, I don't have any relatives willing to help out with child care. I went on a recent holiday to Cornwall where there are three different relatives who could have helped babysit nearby, or give me and hubby a few hours break but they were unwilling.

I am desperate to go on holiday where I can have a break of a few hours each day. I am looking to go anywhere in Europe.

I am willing to pay good money for it, and looking for recommendations on the best care out there.

I can't stress enough that I am not looking for a butlins equivalent (no offence), I am looking for fantastic nanny type care.

I hate leaving him, but for sanity sake I need a brief holiday to read a book in peace! So I am looking for outstanding care to make me feel better about wanting the break.

Thanks

Comments

• auntywalker2
    Options
    Thomson superfamily holidays have a creche, and you book (and pay for) sessions in either 2 or 3 hours slots I think (for age up to 3yrs). This is in addition to the kids clubs (3yrs +), and they seem to be run by nannies, from what I have seen, though haven't used the creche myself. The kids club gave us a 2 hour break each morning, sheer luxury!

Might be a bit like Butlins, but you don't have to join in anything, and are free to lie around the pool.

Good luck + HTH
  • lisahobden
    lisahobden Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Mark Warner holidays are exactly what you are looking for! They have qualified english nannies to take the little darlings off your hands for 4 hours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, then babysit them while you and hubby enjoy a beautiful 3 course meal. We've been twice and love it. Definately not Butlins - but if you want to join in there are free watersports and yoga, aerobics, etc etc...

HTH

Lisa
  • Louise1521
    Louise1521 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    We went to a fantastic hotel in Austria a few years ago, it's in Lake Walchsee and booked through Crystal holidays. The creche there was open from 9-5 most days. They even take the children for lunch. The hotel itself is fab. Virtually all inclusive. The only thing that isn't included are drinks in the bar. All food and drinks in the restaurant are included. Fabulous spa area that is all free, with sauna's and jacuzzi's. The only problem is, it's so good that you have to book way ahead.
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    lisahobden wrote:
    Mark Warner holidays are exactly what you are looking for!

This looks fantastic, I have just spent the last half an hour browsing their website and it is spot on.

Thanks
  • suekjw
    suekjw Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We have the same problem!

There are options out there: P&O Cruises have fantastic childcare at one extreme (!).

Now, we tend to go to centreparcs at least twice a year as they have brilliant creche facilities - and the executive accommodation is good - and even better, when you do have the kids with you, there are proper play areas in all the bars/restaraunts so they are catered for too, and the wildlife etc keeps the little ones amused for hours.

I have also seen a French company called Pierre & Vacances that seem to offer decent childcare, but not sure how 'Butlinsy' they are. http://www.pierreetvacances.co.uk/
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    We went to Pierre and vacances a couple of years ago. Not at all Butlins like. You really are left to do your own thing and the creche was great.
  • kdee_2
    kdee_2 Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    I have been with Pierre and Vacances. Not sure how great the childcare facilities were by our standards. I'd certainly agree though with the P&O cruise option. V pricey but amazing childcare. Thomson Superfamilies are ok, but the childcare is not outstanding. It's just the usual play, draw, sing type of thingy.
    Mark Warner and P&O is really spot on, great attention to detail and the kids noever want to leave.
    A higher recommendation that a child saying "no please can I stay" one cannot have :D

how old is your child?
    Tried and Tested
  • suekjw
    suekjw Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, I'm working on DH to go on another cruise as it really is a holiday - in fact even when our little boy was 2.5 he didn't want us to get him from the creche he was having such a good time. I think it will take some working on though!

Thanks for the info on Pierre and Vacances - they are listed in Frenchlife who you can book with Tesco CC Vouchers - maybe my Beef in Gravy purchases can go towards that!!! (and the money we save can go in the cruise fund!)

Sue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport